Chapter-28

This chap is written by SrijeetaBhowmick

Author's pov

Everyone stood still in their place. They couldn't believe what Aahil said. Relatives started to murmur among themselves.

"What the hell are you speaking? Stop making jokes .Come and get ready fast ….Don't forget that you have an engagement today." Mrs Malik said. She couldn't believe what Aahil said.

"No Ammi Jaan….I am telling the truth...I love Sarah and I will marry her ." Aahil said.

Azhar had mixed feelings..he is happy that Aahil took a big step for himself but tensed as he knew Mrs Malik isn't going to take it easily .

"What the hell is happening here? What is Aahil saying? Did you call us at your house to insult again and again?" Umira's father said angrily to Mrs. Malik.

"And you Aahil….what do you think of yourself? We will not listen to you this time...you have to marry Umira and that's it." He shouted at Aahil.

Umira's mother was fuming in anger as the groom rejected her daughter and Umira was crying silently to see her love claiming to love someone else other than her.

Aahil took Sarah's hand in his to gain a strength to stay strong in his place for his love and Sarah held his hand tightly to support him.

This picture boiled the blood of Mrs Malik, Umira's parents and not to forget Umer who was fuming in anger as he felt he couldn't make Sarah his.

This picture broke Umira's heart as well.

"Ammi , Uncle I know I shouldn't have agreed before when I wasn't confident enough  to marry Umira but that time I wasn't sure about my feelings towards Sarah. But when she left me, I realized how much I love her.

Ammi ,please I didn't want to disobey you…but I can't lead my life with a girl whereas my mind and my heart will be with my love. " Aahil said .

He untangled his hand and walked towards Umira who was crying over her bad luck.

He said ,"Umira...I am sorry. I know my one Sorry isn't enough but I can't do anything. I can't marry you knowing that I can't give you the love you deserve as I love Sarah. I can't destroy three lives like this.
You are a good girl. In Fact you are perfect. The guy will be very lucky who is going to marry you but unfortunately the guy is not me. I know I am at fault ...I shouldn't have said yes….I am sorry."

Aahil and Sarah  were feeling very bad seeing Umira all broken.

Amira  is shocked hearing all this. She knew about Umira's love for Aahil. She is sad for her friend. But at the same time she knew that his brother couldn't do anything wrong
In Fact she looked at the positive side of the situation. She admired the way his brother took stand for his love and saved three lives. Also she always liked Sarah so she approved his brother's decision but couldn't say anything seeing her mother's anger.

"Aahil...how could you? How could you insult my decision like this? In the past you always listened to me no matter what...but now!! Now you just do whatever you want to do. At first you broke Amira's Marriage with Umer and got her married to Azhar...I didn't say anything.  But once again you did the same thing --- you went against my words….you broke your engagement with Umira because you love someone.
What do you think I don't know what or should I say ,Who is the reason behind your change ?. " Mrs Malik said, looking at Sarah with a dead glare.

She still couldn't believe that Aahil went against her words. She was beyond hurt.

"No..Ammi. You very well know why I married Amira to Azhar. And about me...then I will say I am sorry for going against your words but I love Sarah ,Ammi. I can't live without her. I can't destroy Umira's life by marrying her." Aahil said with guilt in his eyes...guilt because he couldn't keep his Ammi's words.

"From today...our relationship comes to an end here. Don't try to connect us anymore. " Naved Ali said and left.

Mrs Malik went behind them but he went away ignoring her calls.

Aahil started to press his temple as it was too much tension for him to take. The other reason for his frustration is the looks Umer was giving to Sarah. He wanted to punch him for his dirty looks towards Sarah. Because of this messed up situation ,he controlled his urge to beat him.

Suddenly he heard a sobbing sound...he turned to see it was Sarah.

"Sweetheart, stop crying...everything will be alright, I am promising you. Ammi will also agree with our Marriage. " Aahil consoled her.

"I am sorry Aahil. Because of me you guys are fighting now. I am really feeling ashamed now." Sarah said sobbing hard.

Aahil hugged her and said ,"No...it's not your fault Sarah….we said the truth . Trust me,everything will be alright. You go and take rest."

Hearing him,Amira came and took Sarah with her in her room.

Aahil went towards Azhar and they started to discuss the situation. Aahil explained to Azhar how he understood his love for her and got her in India. Azhar was very happy for Aahil but he was concerned about him as well as he knows how Mrs Malik is.

While they were busy talking Mrs Malik came back with her  face  red in anger.

She didn't stop and went back to her room locking it.

"Ammi...Ammi….open up the door.We need to talk." Aahil banged her door. But she didn't open it.Azhar also tried .

After a few minutes she replied from the closed door ,"Don't disturb me. Go away. If you guys dared to disturb me ,I will not open the door anymore. "

Aahil knew his Ammi was very stubborn so he left her alone.

That night they didn't have their dinner. Azhar and Amira stayed in Aahil's house.

Next morning Mrs Malik opened the door and came out but didn't have her food.

During noon she came out again and her announcement stunt everyone present there.

"I accept your Marriage with Sarah, Aahil." Mrs Malik said