1

"Order's up!" Wooyoung shouted while slamming his ladle against the bell in front of him. He quickly turned back to the stove to keep stirring the sauce for the next dish.

"Thanks Woo." His friend Yeosang said from behind him.

Wooyoung just jerked his head in response, unable to say anything else.

Tonight had to be one of the busiest nights the restaurant they worked at had had in awhile. It was nonstop tables and everyone wanted something different.

Wooyoung hadn't been able to even think about taking a break yet and he was dead on his feet. But he would push through it. He had worked hard to be hired on as a chef here wand he wasn't going to let the owner down.

"New in, I need two chicken and one beef." Yeosang called out.

"Heard!" Wooyoung waved a hand at him then turned to the other members of the kitchen. "Fire two more chicken and one beef!"

The kitchen was a well oiled machine. They had no problems getting food out in a timely manner, which made the server's jobs easy because all they needed to do was smile and help the diners.

Yeosang was able to bring out his order fifteen minutes later. "Here you go, can I get you anything else?"

"No, thank you." The man said before turning to his wife and son to resume their conversation.

Yeosang nodded and walked to his next table that had just been seated. He had to pause and collect himself, because seated there had to be one of the most handsome men he had ever laid eyes on.

Butterflies instantly erupted in his stomach and he bit his lip.

He knew he needed to keep going though, so he forced himself to walk forward. "H-Hello. My name is Yeosang. C-Can I get you started with something to drink this evening?" He asked, cursing himself for stuttering.

But he couldn't help it.

The man sitting before him looked like he had been sculpted by the gods. It was cliché, he knew, but there was no other way to describe it. He had a perfect, sharp jawline, lips that looked like just the right shape for kissing, and stunning black hair that fell over his left eye.

When he looked up, his piercing gaze made Yeosang freeze in place. "Merlot."

God his voice was so sexy.

Yeosang sputtered out a word of acknowledgment and quickly spun around to hurry back to the kitchen.

"Sangie, are you ok?" Wooyoung asked, leaning over to look at his friend. He had never seen him look this flustered before.

The older looked at him with wide eyes. "Y-Yeah. No. I don't know. Woo... I just saw the most beautiful human ever to exist."

Wooyoung doubled over in laughter. He had never heard Yeosang say something so absurd before, especially because he always thought so highly of himself. He would spend several minutes in front of the mirror every day preening and checking to make sure everything was perfect, from his hair to his makeup to his outfit.

And he was right. Yeosang was very handsome. Wooyoung had always admired his natural beauty, whereas he felt like he always needed to work for his. Sure it didn't help that he was covered in some kind of grease or stain from his job, but Wooyoung was envious of his best friend.

So for Yeosang to be acting like this...

"Where is he sitting?" Wooyoung wiped his hands on his apron and stepped out from behind the large stove.

Yeosang started shaking his head. "N-No. Don't."

"Why not?" Wooyoung arched an eyebrow and crossed his arms. "Do I not get to see this 'most beautiful person to ever exist'?"