Chapter Nineteen- Fourth Shepard

I wake up in the morning with a big head ache and try to remember everything that happened that night.
I look around the room and see Soda sleeping in the bed, meaning I'm in his room.
I look at myself and realize I don't have pants on. And I'm wearing Soda's shirt.
Even more, the stench of something is lurking in the corner. I see my clothes in a pile and kick it.
The smell burns my nose.

throw up.
gross.

I turn my head, and put the pieces together.
I got drunk, threw up, Soda helped me, and put me in his bed.
I take the clothes out to the dumpster, forgetting to put pants on.
As I walk back to the house, I hear chatter behind me.
"Woah, check out the choice," Dally walks with the other non-Curtis greasers.
"She's lookin' fiine," Two-Bit smirks.

"Damn, look at those legs," Steve wolf whistles.
I reach the door before them and lock them out.
"Shit, look what you did," Johnny sighs.
I open the door, let Johnny in, and close it.
"I'm gonna go shower, I'll be back," I tell him, "I think Pony's in Darry's room."
I take another one of Soda's shirts, and some of Pony's old jeans, and go to shower.

When I get out, all the boy's are in the living room, staring at me.
"Y/N." Steve states in an angry tone.
I smile and sit beside him.
"Hi, Steve!" I wrap my arms around him and kiss his cheek.
He instantly smiles and let's the past morning go.
We talk and discuss the past night. After truth or dare, we all drank. But I drank the most, so that's why I blacked out and they didn't.

"You excited to work tonight?" Soda asks, walking out.
"Uh huh," I nod, "I finally get to work!"
"You'll be washing off all the soc stench since you'll actually know what work is like," Dally snorts.
"I was a greaser back in Texas," I tell him, "I had a job and everything."
"Really?" Steve asks, "What'd you do?"
"Prostitution," Dally wiggles his eyebrows.
I slap his shoulder, "I worked at the movies! And sometimes rodeos."

"Rodeos? Doing what?" Soda asks.
"Just selling food and drinks," I shrug, "It was easy to sell since everything was so cheap and all."
"Doesn't sound good different from the DX. The math is so simple even Soda can do it," Steve smirks.
"What's that?" Soda asks, pulling Steve to the ground and wrestling him.
"Don't you break nothin'!" Pony warns, "Or Darry'll have a fit."

"Darry don't scare me!" Steve pins down Soda.
"He should," Soda rolls over.
"Boys," I roll my eyes and sit back.
"Hey, what're we doing for you birthday?" Soda stands up, and extends a hand for Steve.
"I'm gonna have a party in the woods," I smile.
"Oh, that's a cool idea. Near the pavili-ON?!" Soda began, but Steve pulled him down.

Hours later

Soda, Steve, and I drive to the DX. Soda gives me a shirt that's a size too big, but it's the smallest they have. I put it on and get behind the counter.
Funny. Just a few months ago I was stealing cigarettes from this very counter.
"Talk about character development," I mumble to myself.
"Huh?" Soda asks.
"Nothing," I shrug.
"Alright, Steve and I'll be outside working on a car," He waves.

Since it's pretty late, the only costumers that came in were families on a road trip who needed to pee and or get a snack, teenagers messing around (aka stealing), and weirdos.
"Hey there, Doll," Dally walks up to the counter, "When's your shift end?"
I check my watch. Five hours had already passed.
"Actually, I should start sweeping," I smile, grabbing a broom.
"Boring," Dally hops on the counter and watches me sweep the store, "You get bored?"

Dally's P.O.V.

"It actually went by pretty fast," She sweeps the dirt into a dustpan.
"Five hours went by fast?" I cock an eyebrow, "I'd go mental just standing for five hours."
"It's nice," She shrugs, "I have fun meeting people. They're all weird in their own way. Confused moms, funny teens, and just plain weirdos." She rambled on and I just smile, barely paying attention to what she's even saying.
"Right," I nod, not really knowing what I was agreeing to.
She just laughs and continues to talk.

"Okay, I'm gonna go change, be right back," She kisses my cheek quickly and runs to the back.
I lift my hand to my cheek and feel my skin become warm.
Am I blushing? From a kiss on the the cheek? What's gotten into me?
The bell on the door rings and I turn to see someone from years ago. A girl named Angela. Trouble's her middle name. I filmed an... adult tape with her a couple years ago when I visited New York.
"Dallas Winston," She smiles, "Fancy seeing you here."

"What're you even doing in Tulsa?" I scoff as she gets closer, "Stalking me?"
"Relax," She stands a foot away from me, "I'm here for family."
"You don't have a kid do you?" I ask, "I hate children. And it better not be mine."
"I don't have a kid," She furrows her eyebrows, "And we only hooked up a couple times. So if I did have one, it probably wouldn't be yours. Besides, that that years ago. I'm here for my sister's birthday."
"You call every day for a month a couple times?" I ask her.

"Compared to the other guys," She smirks, "Listen Dal. I've got a boyfriend, so no making moves."
"Wouldn't dream of it," I scoff.
"Angela?" Y/N walks out with her clothes under her arm.
"N/N!" Angela grins.
Y/N runs to her and embraces her in a hug.
Oh fuck.
My mouth drops as I realize.

Holy shit. I had sex with Y/N's sister!
"I see you've met Dally!" Y/N backs up.
"You know him?" Angela tilts her head.
"Yeah! Dal's one of my best friends," She nods, "Couldn't imagine a life where I didn't know him."
"Oh wow," Angela turns to me.
"Do you know each other?" Y/N looks at me.
Before I could respond, the bell rings again. Soda and Steve enter.

"Angela! These are two of my other best friends!" Y/N walks over to them, "This is Steve and Soda! Steve knows everything there is about cars, and Soda's probably the most caring guy I know."
"Nice to meet you, I'm Angela," Angela shakes their hands, "Y/N's big sister."
"Wow," Soda looks her up and down, "I guess beauty runs in the family."
"Oh please tell me you're Y/N's boyfriend," Angela laughs.

"Sadly no," Soda chuckles, looking down.
"No one's seemed to be able to date Y/N," Steve looks at her.
"It's not my fault! I'm open to relationships," Y/N says, "Guys just aren't into me. Except Jesse Walker, who's now in jail for like.. a year."
"They're missing out," Angela tells her, "Don't worry, guys suck in high school. They only care about sex. No one in high school wants to marry."
"Soda did," Y/N frowns a little.

"His next girlfriend is lucky," Angela says, "Seriously, you're a charmer."
"Thanks," Soda laughs, then turns to her sister, "Y/N. Did you want us to sweep?"
"I already did," She looks proud.
"Hey, Dally," Angela calls, "Can I talk to you outside?"
"Oh joy," I roll my eyes, hopping off the counter.
I walk outside and Angela lights a cigarette.
"So you know Y/N, huh?" She asks.

"Yeah," I answer.
"You haven't hooked up with her have you?" Angela looks upset, "Don't you dare take advantage of her. She gets really attached to people. Especially after physical touch."
I glare at her. How dare she accuse me of something like that.
"Hey," I look at her, "I know I may be a douche bag, and-and yeah, I may be a "player" or whatever. But I would never take advantage of Y/N. I know I may have not had cared that much for you, but I care for her."

Angela chuckles, and turns to the DX.
Since the walls were glass, you could see Y/N on the counter, giggling. Steve and Soda stood in front of her, laughing too.
Y/N playfully pushes Steve and he winks at her.
My chest feels heavy, though I don't know why.
"I'm glad you feel that way," Angela finally says, "But it seems like you're not the only one."
"What's that mean?" I ask her.

"Dallas," Angela looks at me, "Those boys in there are in love with her. And don't even deny that you do too. The only reason Y/N doesn't have a boyfriend is because boys are intimidated by her. They aren't scared of her, but scared to love her. Because, even though she doesn't realize it, she's the easiest person to love. Sooner or later, someone'll realize that, and quickly take her. If you truly want her, you'll have to be that someone."
I don't know what to say, so I just stand there with my lips parted.
"Angela!" Y/N shouts, "I'm walking home, do you wanna sleep over at my place or go to Tim's?"

"I'll go with you!" Angela shouts back, "I'm gonna steal all your cute outfits!"
"You better not!" Y/N gasps.
Before she leaves, Angela turns back to me, "Think about it."
With that she leaves. Soda and Steve walk out as well.
"Hey, wanna ride?" Soda asks.
"Uh.. no thanks," I shake my head and begin to walk home, thinking of Angela's words.

She's right. I.. I do love Y/N.

But so do the others.