Mallory quickly went into her pocket. She took out a vial of vervain, pouring it into her drink. She gulped down the bourbon laced with vervain in one gulp and Klaus watched, impressed by how she barely seemed affected. She then refilled the glass and walked toward Klaus.

Much to his shock, she picked up an object wrapped in cloth before she walked right into the living room without fear.

"Aren't you afraid I'll attack you again?" Klaus asked tauntingly and Mallory turned to him.

"No, I'm not," She replied calmly as she sat down on the couch before handing him one of the glasses of bourbon, "I have a gift."

Klaus walked closer to Mallory. He watched as she placed the wrapped-up objects on the table. Slowly, she opened it, revealing his stolen daggers.

"I stole these for Kol," She informed him in a calm tone, "I didn't want you to use them on him, but since he's gone now, I thought you might want them back."

"You're up to something," Klaus complained, looking down to see the smug look on Mallory's face.

"I am not," She argued, trying to contain her smile.

"You are. You're smiling and there is not a single thing to be smiling about right now. You're also being nice to me for no reason," He responded and Mallory stood up, moving closer to him.

"They're not getting that cure regardless of if you translate that sword or not," Mallory informed Klaus, a mischievous look on her face.

"How do you know that?" Klaus questioned, eying her suspiciously.

"Because I'll be the reason they don't get it," She explained in a calm tone, "I did something. Something that will ensure they don't get to keep it and in all honesty, I really don't care. Someone will end up dying, too, and my money's on either Elena or Jeremy."

"You would dare betray your brothers?" Klaus questioned Mallory as he stared down at her.

"No, but I would dare betray Elena and her brother after they killed Kol," Mallory replied in a calm tone as she took a large sip of her bourbon.

"You didn't tell Tyler about what happened between you and Kol, did you?" Klaus asked, a curious look on her face.

"Kol's dead. Tyler need not know," Mallory began to glare at Klaus, her smile fading. She turned away from him and walked back out of the living room while Klaus' lips curled upwards into a smirk.

_____

Later on that day, Caroline and Tyler arrived, finding Mallory sitting on the kitchen counter, drinking bourbon straight from the bottle as she stared at Klaus.

"Well, if it isn't little Orphan Lockwood," Klaus commented, an amused look on his face, "Come to show how laughably impotent you are against me?"

"I'm just trying to help my friends find the cure," Tyler replied in a calm tone as he revealed to have Klaus' sword, "Found this in your attic."

"And you think finding the sword brings you closer to the cure?" Klaus questioned curiously.

"You tell me," Tyler answered as he shrugged his shoulders, "I was playing around with the handle on the ride over...And I found this," He informed the group, removing the leather handle to reveal symbols.

Klaus stood up, playing dumb about the whole ordeal as Mallory did. "And what do you think this is?"

"It's called a cryptex," Caroline spoke up, earning a curious look from Tyler and Mallory, "I've seen 'The Da Vinci Code.'"