••☆ Chapter 6: "Choice of Life" (Part1) ☆••

Start from the beginning

"Is this also one of your bazaars?" he asked.

"Kinda, but they sell different kinds of food here." she answered.

He began to smell grilled foods.

"Oh, let's try these." she said, pointing at the store's menu standee as if Dylan could see it.

She picked her choice and told the vendor to deep fry them for her. Once they were half toasted, the man served them in a paper cup.

"Here you go, little missy." he said with a smile.

"Thanks" she replied, handing him a couple of bucks.

"Mmm! They taste really good. Here, try one. Open your mouth." She gave Dylan a bite.

"Yeah, it's good. What food is that?" he asked, chewing.

"They call it, um... Beon..de..gi" She read the name on the standee.

"What? Beondegi? I never heard a food with that name." he said.

"Yeah, weird name, but I think these are silkworms." she replied right after he swallowed.

"W-What did you just say? ...Silkworm?" he asked in a bothered tone.

"Yeah" she answered as she was taking another bite.

"I just ate a worm?" he repeated. He sounded shocked and a bit disgusted.

"Yes, and you said it tasted good. Here, try another one." She put another silkworm in his mouth.

He was surprised, but he ate it anyway.

"Come on, let's find something else to eat." she said, then she grabbed his hand and led the way.

"Please, tell me first what you put in my mouth." he told her.

"Don't be a baby" she replied.

He chuckled.

"Blue Rose?" A female voice suddenly spoke from their right.

Rose looked. "Amanda!" she called when she recognized who it was. "Hi, it's been a while." she greeted.

"Yeah, look at you. You haven't changed a bit, still the pretty, bubbly, little girl I know, and you have a boyfriend now, huh? What happened to I-will-not-get-a-boyfriend-until-I'm-30 preach you always tell me before?" Amanda teased.

Rose was a bit embarrassed. "Pfft! You got it wrong. He's not my boyfriend. He's my boss. He's unwell, so I'm working like a nurse for him."

"I doubt that." Amanda said, looking at their hands.

"Amanda, we have costumers here!" a man yelled.

"Oh, I have to go back now. It's nice to see you again, Rosie. Take care of yourself." Amanda said, then she ran back to their food stand.

"Who's that?" Dylan asked.

"An old friend. I met her when she lent me an umbrella while I was waiting for a bus in a shelter during a storm. She's nice." Rose answered.

"Why she called you Blue Rose?" he asked in a curious tone.

"Oh, because my hair is blue." she answered.

"Really? Like blue... blue?" he asked in a surprised tone.

"Yeah, bright blue actually. Haven't I told you that before?" she asked.