Chapter 7 - Nickname Stage

Arabella.

My house phone started to ring and I stayed silent, sitting on my couch, watching the cooking channel at my mothers request. Mari (the other maid) answered the phone and I glanced over at her as she smiled and nodded.

"Arabella, a boy named Brain is on the phone for you." She spoke quietly, obviously trying to avoid my mother hearing her. I paused for a second, wondering who Brian was when I realised it was probably Brayden.

I stood up and walked past my mother who was on her phone, yelling at someone for messing up 'The Dress of the Summer' order, even though it's still Autumn. Yep, that's my mother's logic. I smiled weakly at my mother as I continued walking towards Mari.

Mari smiled at me and handed me the phone, winking at me subtly. I smiled at her and held the phone to my ear. "Ariiii!" Brayden cheered and my mother glanced in my direction. I smiled at her and jogged upstairs. "Ari, you there?"

"Uhh, Yeah." I answered, running my hand through my hair as I walked into my room. Some of you may be wondering how he got my number, when we left his school, I gave him my house number so we could talk and yeah... "What's up?" I asked.

I flopped belly-first onto my bed and my bed made a loud squeaking noise. Brayden obviously heard this as he laughed through the phone. "Nothing much, just wanted to call my girl Ari up" He spoke, a smirk evident in his voice.

I heard him mutter something under his breath and then him laughing awa to himself. "What did you do, Brayden?" I asked, laughing a little but lowering my voice as I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

There was silence for a few seconds and I peered outside my door to see no-one there. "Noooothing." He said in an extremely evil voice that probably sounded innocent in his eyes, or ears whatever you wanna say. "I just wanna ask you something."

I paused for a few seconds, biting my bottom lip as I stared outside of me door, trying to make sure that my mother wasn't nosing in on my conversation with Brayden. "Huh? Oh yeah, what is it?" I asked after making sure my mother wasn't there.

"Well, my school is deciding to go all cliche and sh-.. stuff." He corrected himself after me telling him that I didn't like swearing. I smiled at his simple but sweet gesture and he continued "And are having a Halloween dance in two days, do you wanna come with me?" He asked nervously.

I smiled a little and felt my cheeks getting warmer at his request and I decided to play with him a little. "In two days? Ryan already asked me to that, sorry." I spoke, trying not to laugh as he went totally silent.

The silence was deathly. It was so weird being in silence for the first time in a long time. Ever since I met Brayden, he hasn't shut up. "R-Ryan asked you?" Her asked with a stutter and I smiled at his cute-ness.

I stayed silent, wondering if i should mess with him more. "No you idiot. Of course I'll go with you, penguin." I laughed and he let out a breath of air, obviously revealed that he hadn't got rejected. "What are you going to wear? What am I going to wear?"

"No questions right now, young one." He spoke, making me laugh at his word choice. "I'm going to send Alexandra over to help you pick an outfit and all that, cool?" He asked and my eyes widened at how straight-forward he was being.

"Alexandra?" I asked, wondering who that was. Was that Mitch's or Ryan's girlfriend? Wait, it must be Ryan's and that's why Brayden acted so weird when I pretended that Ryan asked me. "Who's that?" I asked anyway to make sure I was right.

"Alex? She's my friend." He spoke, making my heart drop. Aww, I thought poor little Ryan had a girlfriend. I seemed to have made a sort of 'oh'  sound because Brayden spoke up. "Oooh, someone getting jealous?" He asked laughing.