“So hey Declan the rest of us are Spanish handicap so English please,” I always the blatant one.

“Of course, my name as you know is Declan and yours names?”

I held out my hand, “Rhiannon’s the name and this here is Kai. I’m going to ask you up front, how old are you?”

“Eh…why the question Rhiannon? I sure Alexis has told you.”

“She only told us that you lived in North Charleston and that you are…” I was cut off by Alexis herself.

“Rhiannon how about that tour you had set up for Svet, I bet they’re getting worried and bored. So off you go, tootles.” Then she gave us a shove and walked into the house.

How rude! I said in my head of course, and then we did walk back to Chase’s Land Rover. I mounted up courage to be sitting next to him; wonder where we could go. None of us really knew North Charleston we could drive around for hours looking for a mall or movie cinema.

“Ok Svet we don't know the location too well but tell us what is something you've never done but have always wanted to do.” I said this while looking back at her.

“How about we head to the marina and then go from there.”

That sounded like an idea and I was captivated by the city it was sorta different from our Folly Beach.

Then a hand grabbed mine, I perfectly knew who it was but I still jumped. I looked to Chase with a smile and a sudden blush on my face appeared.

“Sorry you had to see that.”

He was laughing and he shook his head, “No problem at all really, it’s not like I didn't like what I saw.” That erupted blood to my cheeks, and I had to look away.

We reached the marina and then decided to walk along side this beach, we were beach fiends. That was really funny. I still had this gut feeling that I couldn't shake about Alexis. When I thought about her I remember a somewhat fragile girl, due to traumatic abuse as a child, and at times I could predict her sad spells. I didn't feel it now but something was not right by me.

I was looking down at the sand, “Kai, how old do you guess Declan to be?” I saw that he was gazing at my profile and then spoke.

“I’m not certain but I know an eighteen year old when I see one and Declan Cole was not a teen.”

Then the other two saw us and put two and two together. But legally they can be together just like if she was his age, to me what mattered was that she didn't even tell me or Kai his real age. She lied to us, and it just put me all wrong because they were alone at his house. I dropped Chases hand and planted my butt on the sand and I placed my hands on my face to hide tears of anger.

“Rhia she’s a big girl and she needs to be out there making her own mistakes. When she realizes her faults then we will be here to help her through this; just as we have before.” Kai had explained to me, and here I thought I could be the mind-reader with kick-ass psychology on my side. We went to dine at The Barbeque Joint; this was the epitome of Charleston food. We ate, laughed, and became stuffed to the point of regurgitation.

“Ok which one of you will prove chivalry still lives and carry me to the car, if not I will blow chunks and it will not be the prettiest sight.”

Before I knew it I was in some strong ass arms, swimmer no doubt. And I was smiling at Chase and he had me in front of his Land Rover in thirty second flat. Then he placed me on the ground, I gave him a pop kiss, but he grabbed my waist and one hand on the back of my head and gave a kiss filled with a hunger. A throat clearing was what ended this kiss, it was really good that I was willing for more but it was near four in the afternoon and I got a text from Alexis to come get her.

“Hey guys we gotta go get her,” I went in the front and held on to Chase’s hand and listen to some good music. I found it; it was The Ting Tings – That’s Not My Name. The beat was catchy and then when it ended we were back to house on Mansfield Boulevard. This time we waited in the car and saw from the door that he gave a kiss goodbye on the mouth. I didn't really say anything; I didn't trust myself to say anything good. I could see from the front passenger mirror that she was glowing either from having too good of a time or the other possible option; sex. We got back by 4:30pm but since we lived all scattered when we got to my apartment complex it was around 6pm and Chase took his time to leave.

“So Miss Hawthorne would you do me the great honor of going on another date with me?”

“Hmm would this be considered as date number 2 or a free pass if you will?”

“Well there was a kiss involved so I concur as date number two.”

I laughed and then I nodded and told him I’d call when we could go on a date, I usually spent Sundays working out, doing homework, and working on art. I went inside and only my dad was home.

“Hi daddy,” I went to peck him on the cheek. "How was your Saturday?"

“Fine darling and your Saturday was spent doing what?”

“I went to show around a Russian friend, it was an epic day.”

Then he said something like I’m glad you had fun and then I went off to my room to lay there. I went to pick out what I was doing tomorrow. I decided to work with sketching and so I could work on where I get my inspiration from. I got started on the book for English, Frankenstein, and I got through the preface and the letters; when I got bored. It irkes me that I sometimes find myself bufuddled with the lanuage. I looked to the clock and it was nearly ten. I can't believe it took me three hours to read the preface and letters. And yet I can.

I was changing to get ready for bed when there was a knock at the door. My dad would never open the door; he was way too busy working on his airplane toys; according to him not toys. This time I checked that I had somewhat decent clothes on, the shirt Chris “gave” me of the university and some boy shorts; a little way to short.

When I opened the door I didn't expect to see…