Chase, Chase Murray

The morning came to wake me up from the little sleep that I had had. And the first thing I woke up to see was the drawing of me. It was different, but I loved it all the same. The clock read 6:45 AM and I went to get ready by taking a shower, once out I headed to my closet looking for something unique to wear. Something that said, “I love Art”. There was a noise like hissing, damn it! Xavier was mad at me; I must’ve forgotten to feed him.

“Xavi forgive me I was tired yesterday, I had a long day! And today is just going to be longer.” Then he started wagging his tail in his cage, attention whore. I love you too! Ok back to the tedious decision of what clothes to wear. I went for a black v-neck t-shirt with a black jacket, dark blue semi-holey jeans and some black Chuck Taylors. It was pretty blatant my love for black, will what can I say everything goes with black. Now the time read 7:07am, lucky or what? 

Now this girl was going to get me mad, I didn't like being late for most things. I was going to have to call her. “Yeah Alexis…eh hello? Where the hell is you!”

“I’m going to turn on your road right now! We have time no worries, I know how you are.” I closed the phone; I decided to walk out to the main road. I waited and then about 30 seconds later like she promised there she was.

“Alexis my car, I’m driving.”

“Gosh if you want to get there on time just get in.” I listened to her but I got annoyed because I didn't get my way. I turned on my radio and tuned to my favorite station, and my favorite song just started Here comes the Sun by the Beatles, the oldies according to me were the best. Nowadays music fails. Just as the next song started we pulled up James Island Charter High School. The last year to walk the halls of this place, I’m random I should have been feeling this yesterday not the second day. She park and handed me my keys, I reached in the back for my messenger bag.

Looks like it’s time to repeats the familiar steps of yesterday, with the first problem of the day math. It went by pretty fast but not fast enough! I think I just gain the entire lost math from the summer with that one class. But at least I could sleep it off next class; just as I figured more powerpoints which were for all the newbie’s. I laid my head down for 5 minutes when my name is called.

“Rhiannon, I’d expect this from any of the other new people but not from you and you want me to make you senior editor.”

“Don't have a cow; I know this like the bottom of my shoe.” Then I put my head back down when it only felt like minutes had passed the bell rang, time for drama.

This class period we had more actual work, it was a monologue to be performed and in the audience they each held a giant cue card with the emotion we were expected to perform it in. I knew the first one it was elation. But then about a minute in it was switched to gratification, but almost suddenly it was anguish. I only had two minutes left with the way I timed myself. The last emotion was lustfulness and

when I was looking to the door, there was Chase. Chase Murray.

The last line I said and finished with smirk directed to Chase, and he raised an eyebrow and just smiled back.

“Well done Rhia, I haven’t seen composure like that in a while and may I add the way you ended was splendiferous. Ok whose next? Why Kai I really want to see how you do.”

And he did go, he started out good and then someone give bashful which he executed perfectly then it got to wrath which was convincing and to end it with a bang it the emotion was unrequited love. It was so believable I stood up and was applauding. This went on with the rest of the class members and when the last girl was up with her last emotion, which was tearful anguish, she got all emotional and commanded tears. Then the bell released us from the wholesome fun we were having.

Chase was still at the door, he was the captain of varsity swimming and water polo; not that I went to the games just that in yearbook I would happen to see his picture.

“Hey Rhiannon, right? What’s up?”

“Just heading to English, care to walk with me?”

“Actually we have the same English, Mr. Yokolov.”                      

Whoa I normally notice these things, “Really? Oh I’m sorry I usually notice these things then let’s go.”

“Nah it’s alright, I wanna know why we haven’t talk until now; our senior year.”

“I could ask you the same thing.” 

“It’s never too late to start.” I giggled but not a girly girl kind of giggle. We got to talking and he apart from being very sexy he is smart he isn’t like the stereotypical jock. We reached class and we were still talking. Then the same thing that happened yesterday where the females and even some males signed happened today.

“Morning class,” then as he was coming up to the door he almost disregarded Chase. Weird stuff. But today we got to it where what should have happened yesterday happened today. We were given the syllabus, course description, and other stuff. Then we talked as a class about last year and so far the day was really boring, I was dozing off. But thanks to Chase and his note that landed directly on my lap, my head would’ve have face first on the desk which would’ve hurt.

It read: Wanna hang out this Friday?

I scribbled back: Yes.

Since I failed at throwing it landed on the floor and Mr. Yokolov picked it up and read it aloud. “Note

passing in my class, I thought we were on a different understanding Rhia. “Wanna hang out this Friday?”

“Yes.” So who was going to be the lucky receiver of this note?”

“Uh that would be me Mr. Y.”

“Ah Mr. Murray, here you go next time save it for outside my class.” Just then the bell rang; wow any other teacher would’ve busted Chase’s chops. We got out of his class and Chase caught up to me and walked me to psychology. He had history class. At least I had my exchange student friend, Svetlana.

“Hey Svetlana how are you?”

“Kharasho or fine and yourself?”

“I’m doing really well, how do you like school so far?”

“Well I like how different it is I’m really glad that I study English if not I’d be lost.”

“How about hanging out with us during lunch?”

“Da, yes.”

Ms. Michelle got down to it, she handed us text books and for homework we were expected to do fifty definition flash cards. We had lecture from the origins of psychology, with started with some known names like Sigmund Freud, Wilheim Wundt and other big names. If my dreams of Art or acting didn't make me my back-up was FBI profiler. The day felt bland apart from getting a date with Chase and going to hang out with Svetlana. The lunch period went by almost too fast, the four of us Kai, Alexis, Svet and I took a seat and got to talking about some random stuff, she was going to be able to walk with us at graduation that would be wicked. Then the period ended and we decided to head over to the beach afterword the four of us.

Ah, Art what a wonderful invention that mankind created. I walked alone this time and when I went in Mr. Yoko…I mean Chris wasn't painting. Instead he was on this scaffolding in the room and this time he was working with a camera. Then this random thought crossed my mind, I don't know how to develop pictures. Last  class I snuck up on him but this time he wasn't surprised and he turned to look at me with the camera and started snapping pictures.

“Ms. Hawthorne, Ms. Hawthorne over here. Give me pouty, angry, cute.” A total paparazzi wannabe.

I totally played along with him, and struck a pose. I was laughing and so was he. Then he put down the camera and we went down the stairs and he went first, then I went and I lost balance with my laces and nearly fell but Chris caught me by the waist. I had my arms around his neck and in walked Marine, but I quickly got out of his hold and went to a canvas.