The Silence Page 11

Already, you all were further away from the building and distance sounds of gunshots.

Once you all reached the riverside, you sat down near it and the six zombies followed your example of sitting down.

You let out a chuckle which brought a sense of relief back into your system. 

Although, you could shake the feeling that it would not be the last time you might encounter those people.

All six zombies were looking at you in confusion as you stared into the water of the river. 

Karamatsu was the one to tap your shoulder gently, making you snap out of your thought process. 

You turned to face him and saw that there was concern in his eyes, just as the others. 

Then you respond,” Sorry, I was just thinking of something.”

Ichimatsu questioned with a grumble,”...people..”

Nodding your head, you wondered if the six zombies encountered other people before they ever met you.

Perhaps they did, the possibilities were endless including for zombies.

You questioned them,” When you guys ran away, did you hear the number of gunshots?”

They all looked blanked at first until Todomatsu answered,” A lot…”

You nodded so this means your ears were not deceiving you. 

There was an abundance of gunshots, meaning that those people are well equipped and supplied.  

You thanked your companions as you stood up and said,” we should get somewhere safe and find shelter for me before night falls.”

They all nodded and stood up as well, following your footsteps in the woods.

As you walked alongside the six zombies, you were cautious at every step and each sound of the afternoon woods.

You looked around over and over again, checking your surroundings. 

As you were walking, you heard other footsteps despite the six zombies walking besides you.

Instincts told you to hide so you told the six to hide in the bushes, you did the same.

The footsteps were heard on the nearby path that led into the woods. 

You stared out into that direction and saw two men with handguns in their holster.

Then another sound could be heard, groaning as the undead were walking towards the men right in front of them.

It was only a few, probably five zombies to the best you could see. 

The men were about to take out their guns to aim and fire but suddenly, one of the five zombies lunged at the first man with a normal size kitchen knife, stabbing him in the stomach.

The other man pulled out his gun in defense but was not quick enough to aim and just took the shot.

The bullet missed completely as the zombie stabbed the other man's arm and he dropped his gun, screaming in pain.

As you looked closely, the zombie was actually a human in disguise. 

He was wearing the skin of the undead to trick the person into thinking he was a zombie. 

You thought what was the reason for that.

Was it the act of survival or enjoyment of killing unexpected people? 

The person cutted open their stomachs and then looked down at the men that were laying in their own pool of blood, speaking silently towards them," We are known as 'The Silence' and you are our helpers." 

One of the men muffled out, "Damn you…" 

Helpers? The Silence? Perhaps another group.

Either way, this was not good for you and your six companions. 

The person walked away from the men without stabbing their heads.

They died and turned into numerous undead out there, adding to the growing population of zombies. 

The person threw the handguns in the woods near you while saying,"Useless junks."

Then processed to walk away like a zombie once more. 

You picked up the guns and checked the number of bullets. 

Only six bullets were in the magazine,you placed the gun on the safety lock as you slided it in your pocket. 

You turned to face the six zombies and told them silently to get somewhere safe and quick. 

They all agreed and you all moved away from that area quickly in the opposite from that person.

While you were walking alongside the six zombies, you were deep in thoughts again.

The group that was well supplied including with guns…then the silence..

It was all too much with those mindless zombies roaming, an exception to the six zombies which always knew how you felt and saved you.

Jyushimatsu poked your shoulder with joy as he pointed out a small wooden shack to you. 

You thanked him and they all followed you over to the shack. 

You checked it first to make sure it was safe for you and the six zombies. 

No one seemed to be living in there but there were a few cans of beans and a pocket knife on the shelf when you looked inside.

You just looked at the food and decided to eat it tomorrow. 

The sky was getting dark through the shack window and you knew you had to start a fire.

Although, apparently you weren't the only one who knew as you walked out to see a small fire that the six zombies have created for you. 

You smiled as Ichimatsu took off his coat and laid it down on the ground.

Sitting on the coat and then laying your head on Choromatsu's lap. 

You closed your eyes, feeling the warmth of the fire and safe from danger around. 

The others sat down next to you, watching the surrounding of the woods for danger. 

Todomatsu brushed your hair softly, causing you to smile once more and him as well. 

Their jobs were to protect you from anything that would try to cause you harm so they did just that every day and night. 

~Sorry for any mistakes! I will try to update this story and others as well including making new one along the way. Since it's summer, keep looking out for summer stories with the Neets! Thank you for all of your support and reading my stories!~