Rememberance Page 20

The six zombies looked down at your sleeping figure while Knight laid on the ground in a sleeping position, it seems that you were relaxing in bed so it did not worry them too much.

Although, the six zombies could shake the feeling of responsibility that they were the reasons that you were bit. 

A sudden knock on the door indicated that someone was there, Dekapan stood on the other side of the door and slowly opened it. 

He noticed the six zombies were watching you with usual zombie expressionless faces yet he felt the atmosphere becoming overshadowed in sadness, he carried a tray with a bandage, tissues, a needle with a transparent wire and a test sample tube. 

Dekapan slowly approached the six zombies to kneeled down beside the bedside, Knight was alerted that someone entered the room but when he saw that it was just Dekapan. 

His ears and eyes lowered slowly as he fell back asleep, Dekapan noticed that the six zombies were not as energetic as they were before then he turned to the medical supplies while insisting, "Some of you may have knocked the board from the wall but that doesn't mean that you all bitten her."

The six zombies looked at Dekapan as he used the needle and drained your blood into the sample tube, then he covered the needle wound with a bandage as he continued, "You all are tame and not biting like the other zombies, you wouldn't do anything to hurt her." 

Dekapan stood up and carried his samples and supplies while approaching the exit, but before he exited the room, he advised, "You all should stay with her though, she is stronger with company."

Then he exited the room without another word to say and the six zombies were in thoughts while you still rested on the bed, peacefully like the virus was not in your system. 

In a dream, you were almost like a ghost and wandering around the old neighborhood that you remembered, the old days of playing with friends and sharing time with family. 

"How long has it been since then…", you whispered under your breath while looking around at the old things you recalled. 

Your face darken as you remembered when the zombie outbreak occurred, the neighborhood was in chaos and some houses were in flames. 

You were just exiting a convenience store with a few snacks in your hands and immediate fear rushed to you after seeing cars in flames, you rushed back home to make sure your guardian was safe. 

The door to your house was wide open and there was no sign of forced entry, you carefully wandered into the house while looking around. 

Then you notice a zombie in the living room, you carefully lower the bag on the floor and sneak through the living room to the upstairs bedrooms without getting noticed. 

You searched for your guardian but there was no sign of them in the house, you murmured softly, "I wonder what is going on…"

Then you heard the sounds of groaning coming up the stairs with the footsteps that were a bit heavy, you panicked a bit while opening the bedroom door carefully then hurrying into the room without making a noise. 

You left the door cracked a bit as you saw the same zombie walking through the halls of the upstairs floor, you stayed quiet while looking for a weapon. 

It was a bedroom though but you searched anyway, you saw a sharp nail file on the nightstand then you heard a creak from the door opening behind you. 

You turned around and saw the zombie groaning towards you, the heart in your chest felt like it was going to leap out anytime as the zombie approached you. 

The zombie was very close as you pushed it back with your hands, its teeth were trying to chomp at you and trying to lean closer to bite you but you did not give it the chance. 

One of your legs instinctively kicked the zombie in the stomach to push it back, you noticed, "They don't feel pain at all…", the zombie continued to groan while trying to approach you again. 

"They don't give up either…", you observed then you grabbed the nail file, your hand tighten around it as you approached the zombie and stabbed it in the head. 

The zombie stopped moving and almost fell onto you but you moved away quickly as the body hit the floor, you breathed in relief, "That stopped it…" 

You looked out the upstairs window and saw that there were zombies everywhere, you counted the zombies, "There are like five but...that can't be all of them."

You headed downstairs cautiously and noticed that the front door was still open, you checked before closing it carefully. 

The upstairs rooms, living room, bathrooms, and kitchen were all cleared from any of those zombies, so you headed to the kitchen and saw the kitchen was trashed, almost empty of food and snacks.

You realized that most of the knives were missing, then sighed, "They must have escaped by now…", you sat down on the kitchen floor and sobbed, "What should I do now?" 

Your tears ran down your cheeks as you recalled all those lonely and scary moments, the world changed and you were terrified if you could not survive it. 

As the ghost of yourself wandered through the pasts that happened during those times, you felt tears running past your cheeks but something cold wiping them away. 

"What was that…", you questioned while still feeling it once in a while as your tears continued, then you heard a faint groaning sound and you remembered, "Guys…"

You looked down at your past self that was sitting on the kitchen floor and crying, you stated, "I had no one then-but I have people who look out for me now."

The groans continued and you also heard a dog whimpering, you headed towards the noise and saw a bright light that blocked your view of vision for a moment. 

Your eyes opened slowly and you blinked a couple of times to adjust to the lighting in the room, you saw Oso's hand wiping away your tears with the other zombies behind him. 

"You all…", you murmured softly while sitting up and staring at them in surprise and Knight was next to you on your bedside, then Oso groaned, "...(Y/N)..."

His arms wrapped around you and the others joined in on the embrace train, Knight stared while wagging his tail happily then Dekapan entered the room as he exclaimed, "You are awake, that's good."

The six zombies retracted from the embrace as Dekapan approached you and informed you with a composed expression, "I have something to tell you about the test results."

You stared at him as you nodded, "Alright, I am ready to hear it", you waited for him to speak while you tried to prepare for the worst or better. 

~Sorry for the mistake and long wait! Thank you for reading. Wonder what Dekapan will say about the test results, hmmm. More will be coming.~