Next Day

-----------

Mitch's POV

-----------

That night I couldn't sleep. Mom tried to interrogate me when I stumbled into the house with a dazed look in my eyes, but promptly gave up after I didn't respond. 

I lay in the bed, staring at the ceiling and hearing the faint tick tock of a clock in the hallway. I hadn't bothered to change in pj's, so as I went to zip up my jacket a little thorn stuck me. I sit up as I pull out the rose carefully. The once perfectly smooth flower was now crumpled, and it seemed to be wilting in places. 

"Guess beauty fades." I mutter as I place it tenderly on the desk. The small glance I got at my watch told me it was past midnight, and I was defiantly going to need my sleep for tomorrow. A slight panic seized me. What if Jerome had just put on an act? It wouldn't be the first time something like this happened, and he was acting strange. Not like his normal, bossy, asshole self. He seemed to actual care about me, and I had never seen him like this.

I push these thoughts away, thinking about it wouldn't help me sleep. 

I turn onto my side, tucking my hands under the pillow and trying to block all speculations about Jerome-- which turned out to be close to impossible. In the end, my mind betrayed me as I start to dream about him shirtless. We were sitting under the maple, his fancy suit shirt discarded somewhere around the tree. I had my head on his chest, talking about something random. He seemed to listen anyways, twirling my hair into little curls. Leaves had drifted to land on us, creating what could only be seen as a natural romantic setting. 

When my alarm went off in the morning, I was very disappointed. 

I decide not to change, just using my hands to flatten out my clothes. I scramble around a bit, trying to find my backpack. I know I brought it in. I eventually find it beside the door, along with a note from mom. 

Had to get to work early, love you! -Mom.    

I check my phone and blush to see multiple texts.

12:08

Jerome: Your a pretty good kisser

12:12

Jerome: Wouldn't mind kissing you again ;)

12:34

Jerome: Was that too weird? 

12:46

Jerome: Okay I'm going to stop now. But you better give me a kiss tomorrow or I'll throw a desk at you

The last text make me laugh, I wouldn't doubt that he would go to the extremes of throwing things around to get what he wants. Toddler. 

I grab a quick breakfast before walking out the door with a slight skip in my step. The sky was a little bluer, and the birds a bit chirpier. I let a smile cross my face as a new feeling spread through my chest. 

"Hey, what's got you so happy?" asks Ty as he strolls up. Bags under his eyes and I give him a sympathetic grin; he must have had to help his dad last night.

"Nothing, you get anything accomplished on Mr. Galveston's project?" I ask, diverting the conversation which just blew up in my face as Ty gave me a sly smile.

"Oh, yeah Ian and I started. But I should really ask, how are you and Jerome fairing?" I could see the mischief in his eyes. I cross my arms, trying to come across as defiant.

"We did well, we finished our first paragraph and I'm estimating that we are going to be done by the end of the week." 

"Yeah, sure if you can keep your lips to yourself." murmurs Ty with a snicker. A thin trail of red paints my face and I huff as I watch the bus approach with an almost terrifying speed. "They should really hire a new bus driver." I mutter as the door opens and we step inside the crowded space.

Seto flags us down, but I let me gaze linger on Jerome who was wearing his regular suit with a blood red tie. He caught my eye and gave me a flirtatious wink and I gave him a quick shy smile as I sat down. Seto, all knowing and mystical as usual, smirks and nudges me. "What's happening with you and the big bad boss?" I shove him a bit as Ty tries (and fails) to hide his phone to read a text. 

"More like, who's Ty texting and smiling over." I say, pushing off the uncomfortable attention from Seto. He gave out a little cry and wiped away fake tears, "My boys are growing up so fast!" 

Both Ty and I teamed up to jam him into the bus wall. 

At school, we all parted ways. I couldn't help but grin as I saw Ty hang around the entrance, only to emerge with Sky walking besides him talking animatedly with his hands. 

As I switch out binders from my lockers, I hear someone clear their throat. I peek behind the grey door to see Jerome leaning against the wall. He gives me a coquettish smirk as he walks up to wrap his arms around my waist. "Didn't get my kiss this morning." he states, trying to sound like he was disappointed but the little lilt of happiness showing how excited he was. 

I look around, noticing people stopping to watch curiously. I roll my eyes but let him keep his hands settled around me, "Not when there are so many people around." I say, continuing to put away my supplies. 

"Miiiiitttttcccchhhh." he whines, digging his head into my neck. I close my locker door, "Jeeeerrrroooommmee." I reply with a tiny giggle. He pulls back with a grin and the bell rings, he gives me a tiny kiss on the forehead and says mock-seriously, "You better give me that kiss later." 

"I'll try, but only if you behave." I answer with a wink of my own, feeling adventurous with Jerome by my side. His eyes show a spark of joy, and he almost purrs, "Challenge accepted." 

~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey guys, you have been demanding I continue this story, and I must say I was sad to abandon it. 

Time flew by and my computer broke, I had some personal issues to deal with, but anyways you don't care about that.

I'll try my absolute hardest to keep this going along with my other stories.

Hope you enjoyed reading it!

Comment, Vote, Do something amazing!

~Rose