School

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Mitch's POV

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Riiiiiiiiiiing!

I open my eyes and yawn. Ugh why is school so early? I roll over and hit my alarm clock, forcing it to shut up. I sit up, and stretch hearing a satisfying pop. I trudge to my closet and pull on a white shirt and grab my red checkered jacket, along with a pair of jeans and red converses.

I go into my bathroom and brush my hair back in its signature style. I brush my teeth and grab my red backpack.

"Hey mom!" I say as I slid into a chair. "Hey sweetie!" Answers my mom as she lays some pancakes on my plate. "Thanks." I say, my mouth already stuffed with pancakes. "Hurry, or you'll be late!" Says my mom cleaning the dishes from last night.

I finish eating and run outside to catch the bus.

"Hey Ty!" I yell as the tinier boy approaches. Ty and I have been friends since 3rd grade, yet he never changed looks. It was always white v-neck with gray pants and headphone with glowing green centers. "Hey Mitch!" He yells back. We talk about random things when the bus comes screeching to a halt beside us.

"Mitch! Ty!" We hear Seto yell from the middle. The back of the bus was were the bad kids sat. The ones that always cuss and have bad grades and stuff like that.

"Scoot!" I yell as I shove him in the seat. We make room, and soon Ty, Seto and I are squeezed together in the tiny seats.

"Hey Mitch, Jerome is staring at you." Whispers Ty. I glance back and sure enough, Jerome is staring right at me. Jerome was the baddest. No one ever messed with him. "What do you think he wants?" I whisper back nervously. I really didn't want to get picked on by Jerome OR his gang. Ty just shrugs. Thanks Ty, really helpful.

The bus arrives at school and I dash off to try and avoid an in counter with Jerome. I get to my locker and put everything away, and grab my first period binder. Then I walk swiftly to home base.

I pull out Pride and Prejudice -don't ask me why I'm reading it, I just am- and open it. It was the scene with the ball and Mr. Darcy, when the bell rang, signaling the start of first period. I sigh and put my book away.

Mr. Galveston walks in and takes roll. Surprise surprise, Jerome is late. He strolls in and sits......right next to me. Mr. Galveston rolls his eyes and continues. Jerome pretty much owns the school. The teachers don't even bother with him anymore. Jerome puts his feat on his desk and lays back.

"Alright class, I have assigned a partner assignment. Please chose 1 other partner to work with in and out of class." Says Mr. Galveston as he checks something on the computer.

I look over at Ty, and he starts to walk over. Starts. Jerome instantly puts his feet on my desk. "You're my partner." He states simply. I look over at Ty for help. Ty just mouths sorry. Guess I can't blame him, he would be challenging Jerome and Ty is not a fighter.

I turn back to Jerome. "Well if I'm going to be your partner, get your shoes off my desk." I say as I shove his feet off. He glares at me but stays quiet. I mentally sigh in relief that he didn't start something. Mr. Galveston goes on with the lesson and finally the bell rings for second period.

I pack my things and walk to my locker. I switch out my things and start to head to second period. As I pass the boys restroom, a hand shoots out and grabs me.

"Hey?!" I whisper-yell at the guy. I turn and see it's Jerome. "Oh."

"Meet me outside underneath the old maple at recess." He mutters and then he's gone.

I stand there in shock. What does Jerome want with me?!

I run out of the bathrooms and get to class right before the bell rings. All through class I couldn't pay attention. I was too panicked about meeting Jerome.

"Mitch, are you okay?" Asks Ty, who was very concerned with my silence. "Y-Yeah just fine." I stutter. The bell rings and tells us it's lunch time.

Ty and I wait outside our class waiting for Seto. He finally comes out and we walk together to the cafeteria. Seto always brings his lunch, so he goes ahead to our regular table.

After waiting in line for slop, Ty and I find Seto and sit at our table. "So I heard Jerome's got his eye on you. Do you think he's planning a fight?" Asks Seto with a mouthful of spaghetti. "I hope not. You'll get pounded." Comments Ty as he takes a sip of water. "Thanks for the encouragement Ty." I mumble as I nibble my sand which.

We finish lunch in silence. Which is weird, because typically we're laughing and yelling at each other. "Jerome is staring at you again." Whispers Ty as I throw away my disgusting turkey and cheese. I look over my shoulder and sure enough, Jerome is staring right at me.

I blush and quickly try to hide it. I see Jerome laugh and turn to one of his gang members. I speed walk back to the table and hide my face. Why was I embarrassed? I don't know.

The loud BRIIIING shocks me back to reality. Ty and Seto say good bye and head to their classes. I walk to my class and sit in my regular spot.

The rest of the day goes by super fast, and finally its the last period. Recess. I typically would look forward to recess, but I'm really nervous with what Jerome wants.

Guess I'll find out soon enough.