OUR FIRST MEETING ( 우리의 첫 만남 )

Start from the beginning

" Huh? "

His eyes lost in the distance he said, " When I turned around to ask you if you were injured, you and that boy looked at me with a scared expression. As if you were afraid of me. "

Was that why he smiled when he asked him if he was okay? So they would feel at ease?

" We weren't scared of you, Jimin. We were simply surprised. "

When Jimin heard his answer, he sighed in relief.

Even though Jimin was younger than him, he sometimes seemed to have the mindset of an adult.

" Don't worry. There is no reason for me to be afraid of small fry like you. " Joked Yoongi as he was messing his hair.

" Hey! I came to your aid! How could you say that? "

He giggled, " I know, I know. "

When they both calmed down, Jimin started explaining, " You know, I actually grew up in Japan. My mother and father were both Koreans, but our owners were Japanese. "

The wolf boy sat silently, carefully listening to his words since he knew it would be the first and last time he would open up about himself.

" There, they believe that hybrids are the incarnation of evil. For as long as I can remember, my parents and I have always been under the eyes of these humans, calling us hanyÅ, beings who are half-human, half-demons. They were afraid of us, of our strength. Yet, they weren't afraid to use us and manipulate us. " His small hands turned into a fist, and said, " ...I hate humans. They are like poison. They act sweet before they turn bitter, and... kill us. "

" Were your parents... "

Understanding his question, he nodded his head.

Yoongi's first thought was to apologize for all he went through, but he knew that would be meaningless. He knew what it was like to lose both your parents because of humans. It felt lonely and unfair. Why did they have to go through this, when humans of their age were happily going to a normal school, coming back to a warm house, having dreams of their own, while hybrids were blindly used and killed for being who they were are?

" Let's do our best, and survive. " Said Yoongi as he placed his hand on Jimin's fist. " We have to survive and prove to them that we are better than they are. One day, we will be free. "

After a moment, some wardens came to fetch them as promised. However, this time, they were all scattered in different rooms. Yoongi was separated from Jimin and the other hybrids, and he felt as lost as ever. He really couldn't comprehend what was going on at that time.

What were they going to do with them? Were they going to ask them to do something inhuman again? Or something even crueler?

His questions were soon answered when he was left alone in a room, fancy looking, like the hallways and other rooms they passed by. He was told to take a seat and wait for the person who would become his owner.

Own.

Yoongi shivered at that simple thought.

When a man entered the room with a few wardens following behind him, he knew that his life was no longer his, or was it ever, to begin with? From one glance, he could tell he was a wealthy and important man. His expensive suit, gold watch, and cold stare were telling him that he will have a hard time with this person. He could tell he wasn't an ordinary human.

" Is that him? " Asked the man out loud.

Letting him hear his voice for the first time. And as expected, it was as cold as his eyes.

A warden took a step forward and started reading Yoongi's description. " Yes. This is 4735, Level Zero. Full name, Min Yoongi. He is from a pure black wolf breed, making him a rare hybrid in the region. He was born on the 9th March XXXX and joined the facility four months ago. His mother died while giving birth to him while his father died due to insufficient medical support four months ago. His results from previous intellectual and physical exams show that he is quite bright for his age, and he is in good health. "

The man smiled at the description and walked toward Yoongi. The boy flinched when he put his hand on his head and said, " It is decided then. She will be happy. "

Yoongi gulped, not understand the meaning of his words before he gathered his courage to ask, " Who are you? "

The man glanced at Yoongi with the same cold eyes, but this time he could discern some amusement. " Song Hyunji, your new owner. "

From then on, everything went so quickly. After the facility went to an agreement with the Song family, it was said that he could leave the facility. This agreement depended on accomplishing a few requirements for Song Hyujin. The kind of conditions that he was not proud to fulfill, but it gave him more freedom, or so he thought.

Three years passed, and Yoongi discovered the reason he went to such severe training. Training to protect and to kill. All this was for her.

" Oh, dad! Is that him? Is that really him?! " She squealed excitedly while grabbing her father's shirt.

" Yes, sweetie. " He responded with a look he had never seen on his face. It was affection. " After three years, I managed to make him come live with us, isn't that right, 4735? Or should I say, Yoongi? "

The girl was looking at the wolf hybrid with her big eyes and delicate lips. " It nice to meet you, Yoongi. I'm Song Hyejin, your owner. "

That's right, Song Hyejin was his actual owner. He had been spending years of training and went through rough discipline to become her guard dog.

He simply escaped a prison to get in hers.

" I'm Yoongi. It's an honor to serve you, my lady. "

She giggled, and looked over her father, " I like him, father! "

" Really? I'm glad. " Song Hyuji then looked over him, his smile completely vanished from his face. " I'm counting on you. Do not disappoint me. "

He gulped, " Yes, sir. "

After her father left, all the tension in Yoongi's body left.

" Ahaha. " The lady noticing his discomfort, approached him. " Father can be scary, right? "

He looked away, " N-No. "

" Liar~ " She sang. " Father is scary, but he loves me. As long as you take care of me, you are going to be fine. From now on, you are to never leave my side. "

Following that day, an unspoken contract has been made between Song Hyejin and Yoongi. For four years, he had been living with the Song family, stayed by the lady side as promised while executing any request that was made of him.

Yet, after he turned sixteen, Yoongi ran away from that cursed family. The first thing he did after running away was taking off this horrible red leathered collar around his neck. He took off the last thing that was bounding him to them, and for years he ran away from them, from the facility, from humans...

Jimin was right, humans were like poison, but strangely enough, years later, he found himself adoring one.

One sweet and slow poison.

X