#51 I am fine.

Never thought I would see a day where I waited impatiently in the parking lot close to where the jocks usually park their cars

Never thought I would see a day where I waited impatiently in the parking lot close to where the jocks usually park their cars. But here I am. The skin around my finger nails bled slightly as the nervousness took over and I uncontrollably picked at it. Pacing across the empty spots I mentally willed them to hurry up. I didn't even care that the student body was throwing me shady glances or that cruel faint whispers intruded my ear drums. I just wanted to see Liam. 

A loud honk startled me and when I turned around I was momentarily blinded by Jordan's bright headlights. Suspense built inside of me as I backed up to allow him enough room to drive into the space. I held my breath as the two doors opened widely. 

"Couldn't get enough of me?" Jordan obstructed my view of Liam. I narrowed my eyes at him, irritated. He flashed up the screen of his phone, he had uploaded the diner picture of us and captioned it 'date night' with a red heart. I could only manage a scowl as my reply because I just didn't have time to deal with that right now. 

When I stepped around him Liam came into my view. He looked... normal. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this. He smiled at me but it didn't reach his eyes, it was the kind of smile that he used frequently to mask what he was really feeling. 

"Hey" he said casually. 

I wanted to throw my arms around him and hug him right here, right now in the middle of the parking lot in front of everyone. But I refrained. Instead I let my eyes wander his whole body, secretly looking for any injuries. 

"Are you checking me out?" He asked, trying to sound flirty but his small smile wasn't replaced with a cocky one and that told me he knew exactly what I was looking for. 

He stepped forward, closing the gap between us. Reaching up he tucked a stray hair behind my ear and leaned in closer, flooding my senses with his alluring scent. 

"Liv, I'm fine." He whispered into my ear, loud enough for only me to hear. 

I closed my eyes as waves of seduction crashed through my body, I'm not sure if it was caused by the effect of his words or the tantalizing sensation of his warm, minty breath tickling against the skin of my neck. He pulled back a few inches allowing my heart rate to regulate itself and my mind to regain consciousness. 

"I gotta get to soccer practice, a scouts coming to my game tomorrow." He gave me a reassuring nod and stalked off with Jordan towards the soccer pitch. 

*** 

There was a buzz around school because the lock in was starting tomorrow after the game and everybody was busy making up plans to sneak in their contraband and hook up. 

"I'll bring my assassin chains, we'll have such an epic game, get everybody involved." Harris said excitedly.

"Whats assassin?" I asked, twirling the green beans around on my plate.

"You know? Everyone wears a chain around their neck with their name clipped on, you gotta run around killing people by ripping off their name tag, but you also gotta hide in case someone rips off your name tag and kills you. If an assassin kills you then you give all of the name tags you've collected to them. The last man standing with everyone's name tags wins the game."  Harris explained.

"Oh, like they played in Gossip Girl, but without the pictures?" Tia said.

"What is Gossip Girl?" Harris looked dumbfounded but at the mention of Gossip Girl Tia & I were already sucked into the wormhole of Chuck Bass.