Chapter One - Mudbloods and Marauders

Start from the beginning

I look up at Potter and say, "You know, for once you didn't actually do anything wrong. There's nothing to forgive you for but thanks for the apology I guess.". For the first time Potter looks at me. Like properly. He sees the traintrack tear stains on my cheeks and my bloodshot eyes. He sees my messy hair and pale, clammy skin. But he doesn't flinch. In fact, he does something that I didn't think he was capable of. Wow, that's twice in one day. He looks at me, seriously, and asks, "Evans, are you actually ok? That word is so vile and horrible and you need to know that you don't deserve. Fuck, Lily. You don't deserve any of this.". He gives me another look and takes a deep breath and says, "You're everything good in this world Lily Evans, don't forget that. I'm sorry for being such an ignorant, arrogant prick over the years. I guess I was just a stupid teenage boy being an ass to attract the attention of a pretty girl. I really am sorry. I can only hope that you will be able to forgive me one day.". And with that, he left.

After he closed the door, I gaped at it. I probably stood there for a couple of minutes but I was in complete and utter shock. Potter just apologized. James Potter just apologized to me. And he actually made me feel somewhat better. Never thought I'd see the day. Let's just hope that he will finally stop asking me out now. Oh, I really hope so. We might (and I mean might) be able to become, acquaintances some day. Maybe even friends.

What.

The.

Fuck.

Had you told me this morning that my closest friend in the world would stab me in the heart and call me the worst thing that you can possible call someone like me, and that James Potter would apologize for being a prick and make me feel better, I would have told you to go to an insane asylum. It's just so crazy.

Well, I should probably go and revise for transfiguration now. I walk down to the common room after washing my face and tying my hair back to make me look kind of ok, and try to find Marlene. Oh, there she is! But, oh my godric, she's flirting with Sirius Black. Don't tell anyone, but I think that she has a MASSIVE crush on him. I had never seen Marlene McKinnon blush before two night ago, and when I asked her what had her grinning like a Cheshire cat she said she had just been speaking to Black. Black is Potter's double. They're literally brothers and inseparable. It's like they can read each others minds.

Let me tell you about the 'Marauders'. They are the biggest pranksters in school and literally everyone loves them. Well, everyone but me, my girls and the Slytherins. They're excessively likeable and 'hilarious'. I don't really see why everyone likes them. Maybe it's because they're all decent looking. Ugh, am I actually admitting that James Potter isn't totally ugly? Shit, Lily. What has happened to you? The Marauders are made up of James Potter (the ringleader), Sirius Black (his partner in crime), Remus Lupin (the smart, funny prefect) and Peter Pettigrew. I feel kinda bad for Peter. He doesn't really fit in with the rest of the group. He's not good looking and he doesn't really seem that funny. Honestly, I highly doubt that he would even be in their group if he wasn't in their dormitory. Remus Lupin is actually my friend and fellow prefect. We got close this year after we were both made prefects. He's really nice and quite funny. To be honest, I don't really see why he hangs out with Black and Potter. He could actually do really well for himself if they didn't keep forcing him to miss days of school. Poor Remus also has a massive secret. He's a werewolf. He didn't outright tell me this, I just found out for myself. He disappears for a couple of days every month, and says that he is off visiting his sick mother. After a while though, I started to get suspicious so I consulted the moon chart and he always disappeared on the full moon. He also has a couple of scars on his face and refuses to ever take his shirt off or even roll up his sleeves in the presence of others (well, other than the marauders). He also eats quite rare steaks and is quite strong. He also snaps a lot more nearer the full moon due to his senses being heightened. I know that he's a werewolf but I haven't told him yet. It's not really any of my business and I certainly won't be telling anyone else. Being a werewolf doesn't change who he is. He is still the nice, kind, funny boy that he's always been. He just has a problem.

Severus Snape is the only person outside of myself and the Marauders to know about Remus' condition. Towards the start of this year, he started getting really suspicious as to where Remus went every month and one day Black told him how to get into the Whomping Willow to find out the secret. It was really dumb on Black's part but even dumber on Severus. I actually cannot fathom his thinking. Oh yes, let's just go down and see a fully fledged werewolf. Like what the actual fuck was he thinking? If Potter hadn't been there to save his ass, he would have died. All I could think of was poor Remus. If he hurt somebody, never mind killed them, he would ever forgive himself.

That was when I first started to believe that Severus was changing, for the worse. After the incident, I confronted him about it and said that if Potter wasn't there to save him, he would have died! What did the asshole turn around and say then? He said that if it had been the other way around, he wouldn't have done the same.

Thinking about it, I'm glad that he's out of my life. Really glad.

A/N - I know that Bellatrix is a couple of years older than this but in this story she'll be the same age as the Marauders.

xoxo