Chapter 38

Arjun sat in the cafe, waiting for Swati to come. He couldn't stop thinking about what he had said the previous night to Meera. Well thank god she had passed out and not heard a thing. But would that change the fact that he really wanted to explore every part of her and delve into her!

He checked his phone, it was a text from Meera, 

How was the Roman empire cut into half?

With a pair of ceasers XD

Incase you lose your cool again, just read this message 

He sniggered at the joke. 

"What's so funny" 

He heard a familiar voice, he looked up to see Swati, she looked absolutely pretty in her dress and open hair but some how it didn't have any effect on Arjun. He seemed untouched by her presence. Arjun very calmly gave her a smile. 

"So what's the joke?" She asked again sitting on the chair

"Uhh-it's nothing, you wouldn't get it" Arjun said trying to shrug off knowing that Swati found anything related to history boring 

"try me" She said impassively

"How was the Roman empire cut into half?" Arjun asked giving in

"I don't know, with a knife!" Swati said impassively, gravely uninterested 

"With a pair of ceasers" Arjun replied with a light snigger 

"Oh god Arjun, you haven't gotten rid of this history bug have you!" she rolled her eyes 

She wasn't really a fan of history, and through out their relationship, had tried very hard to get him rid of the bug. 

"Anyways forget this nonsensical stuff, I need to talk to you about something" She said 

How did I date her, she just called this stuff nonsensical, if Meera were here, she'd flip out and end up giving a lecture to Swati Arjun thought in his head

"Arjun Vikram and I have taken a break, and I thought maybe we should give ourselves another chance, don't you think?" she said putting her hand into his. Suddenly the image of him and Meera holding hands and running towards the tube station flashed in his head, he immediately withdrew his hands. Swati was taken aback. 

"Isn't that what you're here for, come on Arjun you know you want this" She said moving her head towards him. 

"Well the good thing is that I am not going to have an affair, doesn't matter the nature of our relationship, I wouldn't do it"

"Come on Arjun, I am sure at some point you'll want to, people in 'love', end up having affairs" 

.

"I mean if you do get back together also there is no problem! it's love I can totally understand, we'll figure something out but don't worry, I'll totally support your decision"

"No swati, that's not what I am here for, I am married!" Arjun exclaimed 

Soon Hey there delilah began playing in the background, 

"ugh this old classic! They need to delete it from the music of the world!" she exclaimed 

Wow Meera would really really hate on her, even though she was the one defending her a few days ago, how did I do this, how did I tolerate Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus! it's true! it's true we weren't meant to be!  Why am I finding this funny? God, Meera is so contagious! 

Swati began talking about something but Arjun was barely focused on it, he had spotted a book store right opposite where The Satanic Verses was put on display. He just wanted to end this boring conversation.