Chapter 34

"Mishraji, how are you?" Arjun faked normalcy on the phone. The sun was out.

"Arjun Goenka, it's been a long time, well what do I say, my wife can't stop gushing about the architect everytime someone compliments our house" the caller on the other side said

"Mishraji, you're house was one of my best projects, I must say" Arjun coaxed as he remembered how irritating Mrs. Mishra was through out the project

"Tell us Mr. Goenka to what do we owe such an early call"

"Mishraji I had some work actually, it's in your benefit only, there is someone I know engaged in malpractice" Arjun said as he dazed into the view of garden from his balcony and smirked

-

Meera woke up panting, her head was throbbing and she felt exhausted. There was a pain shooting up into her right arm. She got out of the bed feeling very weak.

She heard Arjun in the bathroom instructing the servant.

"Clean it properly, there should be no mirror pieces left, and don't tell anyone what happened to the mirror, clear?"

Meera with her full might walked to the washroom, Arjun came out at that instant.

"hey, how are you doing?" He asked softly

Meera put a head on her hand and began slightly moving. Arjun held her at that second and made her sit on the bed.

"Of course, you haven't had anything since yesterday, dehydration nahi hoga toh aur kya hoga" Arjun muttered and brought a plate of cut apples next to her. He offered it to her but she didn't respond.

"of course, how did I forget how obstinate you are" He said trying to lighten the mood he took an apple piece to feed it to her. She subtly pushed it away.

"Where is Di" She asked meekly

Arjun frowned, "She is in her room, they got her back this morning" he explained, he didn't know how to tell her that the entire family was mad at Meera for refusing to donate her blood for which he was the actual culprit.

"really, oh my god, let me go meet her, she must be so tired and hungry, I'll make her the whole wheat pancakes, she loves them" Meera said as she turned to Arjun radiantly, "And champ will also want-" She suddenly stopped, Arjun understood it and looked at her sorrowfully.

"Didi must be devastated right? I'll go and make her her favourite pan cakes and then sit with her, she'll feel so much better" Meera said getting up, Arjun stopped her.

"Meera listen to me, even you are sick right, why don't you rest in the room and meet her in a few days" Arjun explained

"ofcourse not Arjun! she must be so mad because I didn't donate blood, but I'll tell her- actually no I can't she must be distraught already, I'll just put some make up on my face, no one will find out, Arjun you also must not tell anyone about this okay, they are already so tensed because of di" Meera said in a haste, "let me make her pancakes" Meera said running out of the room as Arjun ran behind her calling her to stop.

-

"What are you doing here Meera?" Sudha chachi asked Meera bluntly when she entered the kitchen to see Meera making the batter

"Chachi, I am making di's favorite pancakes, she'll definitely feel better" Meera said using her left hand mostly since moving her right anywhere pained a lot.

Sudha let out a sarcastic snigger, "your pancakes won't cover up your sin Meera, you left your sister to die! I didnt expect this from Niyati's daughter and Prithvi uncle's grand daughter" Sudha said bitterly as she stormed out of the kitchen while Meera showed nothing even as the harsh words stung her.