Chapter 25

Arjun thought about all that Meera had just told him, as he fazed into oblivion, his hand still on Aakash's shoulder, sitting outside Aakash's room for the check up to finish. She wasn't wrong, in fact she was right in every possible way, there could be a possibility that he had undermined her, Arjun wondered. He was guilty, guilty of thing deteriorating that night, first his father and then Divya. 

The door unlatched and a middle aged woman came out, while walking with Arvind. Arjun heard their faint voices

"You're a doctor Arvind, not a Gynaec but a doctor, you know how unsuitable it is to cause any stress to a pregnant woman and that to in the initial months! I have given her a pill for now but I recommend complete bed rest for a week, you're lucky she fainted on her back, if it would be on the stomach, then" The woman said pursing her lips in the last part and nodding at Arvind 

"Thanks Radhika, thanks for coming even at this hour at the night, I just thought it would be better to take the opinion of a Gynaec" Arvind explained as he pushed his glasses to his nose. 

"she is hormonal right now Arvind, it's normal" Radhika explained

Aakash briskly walked to them, Radhika put her hand over his shoulder and reassured him that the mother and the baby were fine but care and attention was necessary. 

"I presume there has been a disagreement between the two of you, and if for tonight she doesn't want to see you, don't pester her and get her hyper, sleep over it tonight, she needs rest and then you can start afresh" Radhika had added after explaining to him when they were due to see her next. 

Aakash entered the room followed by Arjun, Divya lay there in the comforter and Meera was on her bedside. Meera quickly rose to make Space for Aakash to sit, but before Aakash could even put his hand on the bed Divya in a very low tone added, "Meera, please tell everyone to leave, I want to sleep" 

"Yeah darling, Aman's just getting the pills, till then why don't we talk" Aakash said trying to diffuse the situation to which Divya immediately screamed 

"I don't want to talk to you, just leave!" it was loud, louder than any one had ever heard her be, Aakash and Arjun were almost frightened as Meera closed her eyes and placed a hand on her ear. Meera went to Divya's side trying to placate her as streams of tears continued flowing down Divya's eyes. Aakash stood there helplessly, trying not to aggravate Divya's aggression but also wanting to assuage her. 

"Di, Di, it's okay, calm down, it's fine, think about champ, come on, it's okay" Meera said taking Divya's hand in hers. Meera quickly turned around and mouthed to Aakash to leave, assuring him with her eyes that she'd take care of Divya.

-

Arjun tossed on the bed, again and again, he wasn't able to sleep. The couch opposite his was empty. Somehow the day felt hotter than usual as soon as he'd put his blanket on but the minute he removed it, he felt like a lonely popsicle. 

His throat felt dry and he got up, looking around the room for a jug,e  spotting one in his vicinity, he was disappointed to see that it was empty.

Walking down the stairs to fill up the jug, he saw Aakash sitting on the sofa,his hands stuck to his face in frustration. 

Aakash felt a hand on his shoulder and he turned his face, taking a glance at Arjun, he looked in the front. 

"Hey" Arjun began, to which he got no response. "I am sorry" Arjun added, placing the jug on the table and sitting next to Aakash. He really was Sorry, all these years no matter what, aakash had stood by him like a rock!

Aakash turned to him, his one hand holding his forehead and cheek muscle, "It's not your fault, I should have seen it coming, I should have told her the truth without caring about anything else, she is right, I just ruined two lives, yours and Meeras"