The Tour Bus 2

Jimin's POV

The book I am reading is about a boy and girl torn apart by their families and forced to live on opposite sides of the world. Their only way of contact is an occasional phone call because the book is set in the 1980s before mobiles. When they do call, they have to do it without their parents knowing because they don't approve of their relationship. With only one phone in the house in the downstairs hallway, it is only possible to call while their parents are out. It is certainly a tear-jerker and I can't help but feel as if this is what it would be like if y/n left. Even if we have more forms of communications- it isn't the same.

Talking about y/n, she is sat between me and the window, which she is staring out of with apparent interest. I smile when I remember that Korea is so different from where she comes from and the childish curiosity displayed on her face confirms my thoughts. I don't want to obviously stare at her so I pretend to read my book while watching her out of the corner of my eye.

The feeling of the slight touch between our shoulders has bothered me the whole time. Not that I don't enjoy it; it is that I enjoy it too much and therefore can't focus on anything else but her. Y/n seems almost oblivious to how flustered she makes me feel. She is in her own world and I really want to know what she is thinking about. It is deadly quiet even though there are eight of us sitting around this table. 

I lean over carefully and whisper in her ear, trying not to look conspicuous. "What are you thinking about?" Y/n seems startled by my proximity and with confidence, I grin down at her. Her shyness means that I may have a chance with her. Am I being too cocky? Am I... No, I don't have time to be self-conscious right now. Focusing myself back on her, she speaks. Her voice is very soft and low as she whispers and I almost find myself blushing at the implications of her tone. Ugh, Jimin focus! "I was thinking about how lucky I am to be here with you and what it will be like for the next few weeks." I know that my ears are red for certain now, but she meant you as in all of us, not just you Jimin, get yourself together!

Y/n's POV

Sitting next to Jimin on a long journey is one of the best things that has happened in my life. My life isn't very exciting, is it? Well, until now that is. I have been desperately trying not to look in his direction, or any of the member's directions really because I know that I will just end up staring at them like a creep. So, when Jimin leans over to whisper something in my ear, I freeze and feel my eyes go wide. I try to regain my composure so as to not confuse Jimin but he smiles down at me in such a seductive way that I get lost in his eyes. I answer his question truthfully because honestly, he deserves to know how I feel about this trip.

Are Jimin's ears red? I must be imagining things that would be ridiculous, Jimin made shy by me? I don't think so. He's just humble and likes compliments. Yes, that's it. When I look out of the window again, we seem to be pulling into a service station. Food time! I stay right where I am and await instructions because I don't want to be rude and also, I don't actually know what we are doing here, I am just making an assumption. 

Bang PD walks over to us from the front of the bus where he sits with the bus driver like a teacher on a school trip. "Ok," he starts, getting everyone's attention. "Members, put your masks, hats and sunglasses on and y/n, you should be fine as you are." I nod my head, agreeing with him silently. "Right. Come on let's go. First, go to the toilet and meet outside them so we can buy some food from one of the shops." At the mention of food, everyone's face lights up. Especially Jin, the king of food. The atmosphere has changed from one of adult boredom to childish joy. 

Jin's POV

We have been sitting for so long. I am used to it by now but it still hurts every time. When we pull into the service station, my spirits are easily lifted as I think about the delicious food that can be bought here. Obviously it is nowhere near as delicious as home cooking but they still have good options. I look over to y/n to see how she feels about this and she is radiant with excitement. It is good to know that she feels the same about food as most of us. 

I realise that the food here she may have never tried before. Will she like the food here? She comes from the other side of the world, they definitely have different food than the stuff here and from what I have learnt on my travels is that they have very different taste. I mentally cross my fingers that she will enjoy it. 

We file out of the bus and stand in the car park, waiting for Bang PD nim to send us off. He appears in the doorway of the bus and says matter-of-factly "You can leave now.". We stroll over to the service station in our "disguises", except y/n who is simply looking around in awe at the foreign place. I smile to myself when she yawns cutely and stretches her arms. Can I stay with this girl forever?

(974 words)

Tell me what you think of this chapter and vote if you enjoyed it! Thank you and love you all 💜