Chapter 1: The Entry Exam

Y/N's POV

I sat in the limousine, staring out the window. It was utterly silent as I had both earbuds in playing music. Being forced to go to a culinary school by my parents was something I had expected as well, but...I'd never would've thought they'd send me to some school like Tōtsuki Culinary Academy.

Going to Tōtsuki Culinary Academy wasn't something I had thought about going to because I remember someone mentioning that both my parents had gone to Tōtsuki as well...Not that I had wished that I had gone to when I was a child anyways and followed my parents too. Once the limousine had come to a complete stop, it took me at least a few seconds that I finally arrive at Tōtsuki Academy. When I came back to my full senses, I opened the door and closed it behind me once I stepped out of the car.

I walked over to the limousine trunk and opened it to take out all of the bags that I had brought to stay at the school. When I had finished taking every single suitcase out of the trunk and stacked them all up, I dragged the handle of one of the suitcases and walked over to the driver's seat and waved goodbye. After the car had left, I turned around and faced the large school gates.

Tōtsuki Culinary Academy. This is where I start my adventure...!

(Flashback)

"Y/N?" I heard my mother call my name as I perked up my head at my bedroom door as I was sitting in front of my desk, on my computer.

"Yeah?" I called out as she opened my bedroom door

"Your father and I have been thinking. We're thinking about sending you and your brother off to culinary school," My mother said as she looked at me then at the computer monitor, "...Have you been spending your time watching videos this entire time?!"

"Okay! Wait! First, no! I have not, Mom! Second, why am I going to culinary school? Can't I go to a normal school and learn from you and Dad? Also, why do I have to go with Tadashi too?! What school, by the way?" I asked her multiple questions about sending my twin brother and me off based on what she told me.

"Well, we're sending you off to culinary school so you can learn for the best, and it's better for you both to take on culinary school and learn for the family business, too, Y/N. Second, you're going as well as Tadashi; you two should learn better in working at the restaurants we run. Plus, you need to learn to get along, as the two of you have struggled to do for the past 14 years! And lastly, we're sending you off to Tōtsuki Culinary Academy!" My mother explained with ease—no surprise after dealing with Tadashi's constant complaints and general annoyance.

"Ughh! Mom! Why?! Why Tōtsuki? You and Dad already went there!" I whined at her

"Why don't you stop complaining for once in your life Y/N? We are set on sending the both of you to Tōtsuki!" Mother said sternly and was about to flip out on me, "We'll be sending you in two months from now."

"R-right!" I flinched at her words

(Flashback ends)

"This is huge! Who would want to go to a school with multiple buildings with forests surrounding the place? Especially since mom and dad went to Tōtsuki as well," Tadashi said, standing next to me as he looked up to see how massive the gates were and went back even further to see how many buildings there were.

"Who cares? I'm going in without you, Tadashi," I said as I pushed the front gate open and walked into the property as Tadashi realized that I was about to head in, and he scrambled back to follow me.