Ash busied himself with his laptop, eyes scanning the bright screen with such intensity that I worried his eyes might pop out. Finally, after several long and painful seconds, he leaned back in his chair and splayed his fingers across his stomach. "No sir, nothing. No demon."

I breathed an audible sigh of relief and ignored the look Dean cast me from the corner of his eye. The boys weren't ready to face off against a demon again.

"Alright, try something else for me," Sam pressed. My eyes snapped open with renewed interest and concern. "Search Guthrie for a house fire. It would be 1983, fire's origin would be a baby's nursery, the night of the kid's six-month birthday."

Ash looked startled, turning to face Sam with wide eyes and a slack jaw. "OK, now that is just weird, man. Why the hell would I be looking for that?" Dean glanced slowly around the room, checking for eavesdroppers The bar was quickly emptying, leaving a few stragglers and Jo, who had chosen to busy herself with scrubbing tables.

"Cause there's a PBR in it for you," Sam offered, motioning to the rows of beer bottles behind the bar. I grimaced; PBR wasn't my style.

Ash paused for a moment, pondering Sam's offer. Finally, he sighed and nodded. "Give me fifteen." Sam grinned. I scowled and spun on my heel, back to where I had left Andrew. He had hardly made a dent in his beer, although that didn't surprise me. He was a lightweight and he knew it.

"Any luck?" he asked as I flopped into my chair beside him with a frown on my lips. I shook my head and reached for my own beer before taking a swig.

"He needs a few more minutes. Seems like it's pretty slow going," I replied, eyes fixated on Ash as he typed away at his laptop. I narrowed my eyes as Dean stood and made his way over to Jo, who stood beside the jukebox that was now belting REO Speedwagon.

Andrew followed my gaze, an amused smile gracing his freckled face. "You do know you can just go talk to him, right? I know Sam keeps pushing it, but I don't think you-"

"I know," I cut him off. He clamped his mouth shut tightly and turned his green eye back to mine. "But I don't want to be a bother. I can talk to him anytime."

Andrew frowned and turned back to the pair. "Do you want to go with them?" I cast him a curious glance. "On their hunt. Do you want to go?" he clarified. I paused for a moment and thought, eyes glued to Dean's form.

"Yeah, I do," I replied softly, nails digging into my glass bottle that was now nearly empty. I didn't mind though - I wasn't even buzzed. "They need all the help they can get. They're reckless for their own goods," I added with a laugh, a soft grin spreading across my lips. "I missed them. I missed hunting..."

"Then why'd you give it up?" Andrew pressed, taking a sip of his own bottle. "If you love it so much, why give it up?"

I frowned and leaned forward in my seat, tracing the grains of the table with a stray finger. "Because sometimes it's better to give up what you love than deal with the pain that comes with it, I guess. I got tired of not doing anything right, of never being able to save anyone."

Andrew furrowed his brows in thought. He had never understood that philosophy; if you love something, wouldn't you want to stick with it and make it work? It had never made sense to him. "You can't save everyone - it's not possible."

I pursed my lips and stopped my slow tracing movements. "Yeah, I guess not. Doesn't make it hurt any less, though."

Andrew opened his mouth to speak again but was quickly silenced by Sam as he crossed the bar, a slip of paper in hand. "We've got a match, Dean. Time to go." Dean did a double-take before saying his goodbyes to Jo.