Unexpectedly You : Chapter 10

I went back to the dorm as soon as the class ended. I just feel exhausted today. I read a book to pass the time.
I must have fallen asleep cause I was startled from a loud bang on the door.

It's Krist. He punched the door. Good thing that the room walls are thick and almost sound proof so the noise can't be easily heard from or to the other rooms. I worry about him though. I just observed him. He must be really upset. I can't find a word to comfort him. I want to run to him and hug him but he might see it inappropriate so I just watched him in silence.

After a while, it looked like he had calmed down so I spoke up to let him know I was there.

"Rough day, huh?", I uttered. He just shook his head and ignored me. He went to bed and apparently he fell asleep.

I couldn't sleep, it's still early. I remembered we haven't had dinner yet so I went out to buy us food.

As soon as I entered the room, I glanced at him. I can see him shivering under his blanket. I thought he was crying again. I pulled down his blanket to check just in case. This isn't right. He doesn't look good!

I touched his forehead and I confirmed, he's got a fever. I worried. I tried to wake him up, looked in his drawers to see if there were any fever medicines. None. I woke him up to keep him conscious but he can't even open his eyes. I rushed out to the nearest pharmacy to get the proper medicines for him. I rushed back too, I worry he would get worse if I'm few minutes late.

I woke him up again to make him take the medicine. He fell asleep again right after.

Past midnight, he frowned when I touched his neck to check if his temperature subsided. I pulled my hand back right away thinking he might be aware I'm touching him.

"Cool guy..", he mumbled. I listened carefully on what he was going to say. Is he awake?

"Cool guy.. I wish you were here long before. I feel like home with you", he continued mumbling. His words warmed my heart. I can't help smiling.

"Idiot.", I replied. He fell asleep again.

I wiped his body with wet towel to keep his temperature normal. His clothes are wet with sweat, the medicine is working. I had to change it so he can rest comfortably. It was a battle though. I was hesitant to do it at first. Unbuttoning his polo shirt to unzipping his pants. Especially changing his boxers.

I closed my eye while doing it. Yes. Eye. The other one is open.
Hey! I wouldn't see if I'm doing it right if I'm not gonna look. Why am I explaining to myself? (shaking my head)

Anyway, I felt relieved when he finally looked peaceful.

It's almost morning. It's best if I just prepare light food for breakfast for him. I cooked porridge and a cup of hot choco mocha. In my observation, it's his usual drink every morning. I took a quick shower first and planned to wake him up after.

He is already awake when I got out of the bathroom. I'm relieved to see him up and normal again. He looked dubious though. I checked on him by touching his neck. I caught him closing his eyes when I came closer.
Is he.. Smelling me? I grinned. Cute.

We had a small talk and seeing how the conversation is going, I feel this is the proper opportunity to ask him.

I'm really nervous right now. It's like my chest is about to explode. But it's now or never.

"Krist.. Will you be my boyfriend?"

As expected, he got mad. I have to make an excuse so he wouldn't take it too hard.

"It's just til Kat stops bugging me. Besides, I feel safe with you. I know you wouldn't fall for me. And... I wouldn't fall for you", I said.

The last sentence is an utter lie. I almost couldn't get it out of my mouth. But I have to convince him. Even just this way. I want to take my chances.

 I want to take my chances