Chapter 20: We're business partners

Start from the beginning

I smiled sheepishly and waved my hand "Heyyyyy Carla, what wonderful day right?" I tried sounding jolly and confident.

For the first time in history your seeing a CEO scared to face her PA. She actually asked me to come early due to some important work and now look at me.

She narrowed her eyes "Are you alright?" Oh I didn't expect her to ask that.

I shrugged "Do I look like I'm not fine?"

She continued scrutinizing me under her gaze for few moments before pulling me towards my office.

"Since your fine please explain the reason behind your delay"

Oh oh this is going to longer than I expected.

"Well..."

*******

After my long and hopefully genuine explanation she left me alone and gave me the so called important work. Actually there was nothing important in it, it just needs more time to finish and I've managed to get half way through.

I heard my phone ring, it was Richard who was calling. Man! Doesn't he rest or what? I'm really tired right now but I can't even reject his call.

I kept it on silent mode and continued going through my folder. The phone started vibrating and it took lot of control from my side to stop from yelling at him.

I picked up the call and instantly I forgot my anger issues when I heard his voice. What's wrong with me?

"Good afternoon Elliana" he sounded happy

"Good Afternoon Mr. Stevens" I stated blatantly

"Back to being formal?" I can picture him rolling eyes. Last night he became slightly irritated when I addressed him like that.

"We are business partners from the first place and I prefer to stay like that while I'm still working" I stated sternly.

"Okay then, Ms. Carson. Remember I told I have a surprise for you"

"Yeah?"

"Come down, quickly"

"Why would I do that?"

"Then I'm afraid I won't be able to help you"

"I'll be right there" The last thing I want to do is going bankrupt.

I hung up and walked into the lift after closing my office. I reached the ground floor and exited the building. I stood by the entrance wondering what his surprise might be?

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned my head quickly almost getting a whiplash. He stood there smiling, with his hands buried in his pant pockets.

I blinked my eyes to check whether this was an illusion but he stood there with that cocky smirk.

"Like the surprise"

"Am I supposed to react to that" I raised an eyebrow

"Ouch I thought you would hug me and tell how much you missed me" he feigned pain

"In your dreams" I rolled my eyes "Wait aren't you supposed to be in New York?"

"Ya but I missed home" he smiled and leaned closer "and also you" he whispered, his warm breath hitting my skin. My heart rate spiked at his words. What is this strange feeling in my stomach. I've never felt this before but it feels nice.

My jaw dropped and stared at him. He grinned, making him look devilishly handsome.

"Come on, let's go have lunch" he pulled me towards his car before I could refuse.