I felt like she stabbed me but I didn't show it, instead I turned back to my bag and continued packing while Sokka talked to her.

   "Katara, I'm not jealous of Jet. It's just that my instincts—" Sokka tried to argue.

   "Well, my instincts tell me we need to stay here a little longer and help Jet." Katara finished. "Come on, Aang."

   "Sorry guys." Aang apologized.

   I looked over at Sokka and placed my hand on his shoulder. "I hope we're right about Jet. So we can rub it in their faces."

   "She didn't mean it." He said to me and I shrugged.

   "She wouldn't be wrong if she did." I said and went back to packing.

*・☪︎·̩͙

   In the morning I woke up and noticed that Sokka was gone. I was a little worried but if he wasn't safe he would find a way to get back to us. It was Sokka, he always had a plan, not saying they always worked but he had them.
   No one seemed to care, Aang, Katara, and I walked with Jet following him to some river or somthing. I only followed them because I didn't want to be alone on the tree house and I wanted to know what happened to Sokka.

   "Jet, I'm sorry about how my older siblings have been acting." Katara said.

   "No worries, Sokka's already apologized." Jet replied and I stopped.

   "Sokka? Apologized?" I asked. "Sokka, doesn't just apologize."

   "Yeah, I was surprised. I got the sense that maybe you talked to him or something." Jet said looking over at Katara.

   "So, Kaida?" Katara looked at me and I rolled my eyes shaking my head so they continued to walk.

   I slipped away while they spoke and started running. I wasn't going to apologize for anything I said to the jerk.
   I didn't even know where to start looking for my brother so I ran as fast as I could accidentally bumping into someone. I fell back and hissed as I landed on my hurt wrist. I looked up then smiled.

   "Sokka!" I got up and hugged him.

   "Woah, Kaida!" He chuckled. "Wait, where are Aang and Katara?"

   "They're still with Jet, something about filling the dam." I answered as he helped me up.

   "Kaida, we have to go warn the village people. Jet's going to blow up the dam." He said and pulled me behind him.

   "He's gonna what?" I asked rhetorically. "He's mental."

   We made it to the village and warned the people. In the beginning they didn't believe us but then the old man stood up for us and told them how we helped him. Finally they believed us and we helped them take their things and left. I stayed in the back with the seniors making sure no one was left behind.

   "I don't think we're going to make it" Sokka pulled me aside and I looked back.

   We were helping everyone up a hill away from the village and to a place higer up that wouldn't be effected by the water but as Sokka suggested the village started flooding with water. I heard screams and gasps, As the water was racing towards us I made it stop around us. It had already distroyed most of the village but the pressure only grew and I couldn't hold it much longer.

"Hurry up!" I growled and Sokka helped everyone. I stepped back enough for them to pull me up.

"Are you crazy?!" My brother shook me but hugged me.

"Sorry." I pulled away and looked at the new river of water. A little girl ran down beside me and picked up the doll that floated in the water.

   "Thank you again." The old man from before said.

   "We should be thanking you." I replied. "No one would have believed us if you hadn't spoken up."

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

   Sokka and I headed back to the tree house but found Appa and Momo who took us to Aang and Katara.

   "Jet, you monster!" We heard Katara say.

   "This was a victory, Katara." Jet replied. "Remember that, the Fire Nation is gone and this valley is safe."

   "It will be safe." Sokka said as Appa raised, they turned to us. Jet was frozen to a tree. "without you!"

   "Sokka!" Katara said. "Kaida!"

   "We warned the villagers of your plan just in time." I smirked. "I mean they didn't believe us at first, they thought we were spies but the elder that you ambushed vouched for us and they listened leaving just in time."

   "You fools, we could have freed this valley!" Jet argued.

   "Who would be free? Everyone would be dead!" Sokka replied.

   "You traitors!" Jet shouted.

   "No Jet, you became the traitor when you stopped protecting innocent people." Sokka told him.

   "Katara, please. Help me." Jet begged.

   I could see the hurt in my sister's eyes. "Goodbye, Jet." She said and I helped her up, hugging her.

   "Yip yip." Sokka whipped the reins and we took off.

   "We thought you were going to the dam. Why did you go to the village?" Aang asked.

   "Let me guess, your instinct told you." Katara teased.

   "Hey sometimes they're right." Sokka shrugged.

   "Okay well we're going the wrong way." I smiled.

   "And sometimes they're wrong." He replied with a smile and turned Appa around.

   That night I sat next to Katara who was looking at the ugly hat, she was still upset. I tossed my arm around her and she rested her head on my shoulder.

   "Sorry about what I said." She said.

   "No...you're right.." I answered and smiled. "Plus you made the ugliest hat I've ever seen." She smiled and threw it back we watched it fly away.

   "So much for a first crush." She muttered.

   "There will be more." I hugged her and looked over at Aang. "You'll find him."

————————
Edited; 10/29/20
Re-edited; 7/9/21