Chapter 4

"Come on we have some much to talk about. You have to tell me all about yourself. I can not believe you are mated to Beta Dreydon. We can talk while I show you around I just know we're going to get along great"

This was absolute torture. This girl was driving me crazy and it had only been two minutes since the guys left. I gave her a fake smile and she beamed with satisfaction. She actually thought that we would become friends. I decided to pay along and just tuned her out while we walked around the territory. It was huge and I had to admit I was impressed. I could see myself running a place like this. Only problem was I was once again the beta female right underneath the alpha couple.

I know it shouldn't have bothered me. Look were wanting to be a Luna had gotten me. But I couldn't change who I was or how I felt. Never being quite good enough had taken its toll on me. For as long as I could remember I wanted to be perfect and second best did not spell perfection. Being wanted and envied was only satisfying when it lasted and it never did, not unless you worked at it.

"So tell me. What is it like being mated to Beta Dreydon. He so different and secretive since-"

She had interrupted my thoughts and now she had my attention. Something had happened and she was about to reveal a piece of Dreydon's past to me.

"Since what" I said curiously. I really wanted to know more about him especially since it didn't seem like he would be opening up to me anytime soon.

"I'm really not supposed to say" she said nervously. That was enough to let me know it was something major.

"You can tell me" I tried to sound encouraging and hopefully make her feel comfortable.

"Well. I guess I could"

"I wouldn't" we were interrupted by the most annoying voice yet.

"Celeste" Jessica said swallowing.

"Duh. Now I wouldn't say another word unless you want Dreydon to hear about this. No one is supposed to talk about it especially not with and outsider. You know you'll be punished" I was really starting to dislike this bitch.

"He's my mate and I deserve to know whatever it is that happened to him" I said pissed.

"Then ask him yourself. I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing. Unless he doesn't trust you" she has that sick smirk on her face and I wanted to ring her neck.

"Don't worry I will" I stormed back to the house with every intention of confronting Dreydon when he got back. I was fuming that that bitch knew something about him that I didn't, that everyone around here knew something I didn't.

I took the elevator up to his floor and decided to wait in his room until he came back. Right when I was about to go in I remembered the door. That damn door that looked like it held so many secrets. That door that no one was aloud to go in without his permission. I made my way down the hall in a sort of trance wondering what could be behind it. All sort of images ran through my mind as I got closer. I reached out to turn the knob. Even though I knew it was locked I had to try. Curiosity was getting the better of me.

"Where do you think your going?" I turned around and was shocked to see the Alpha.

"I was just-"

"Did Dreydon send you in there?" He asked curiously and my immediate thought was lie.

"I was just looking for the bathroom while I waited on him to come back. I guess I got lost coming off the elevator I thought this was his room"

"It's that way" I could tell he didn't believe me but I didn't care. I was too busy wondering what he was doing on this floor and being pissed that I got caught. I headed off in the other direction and I could feel him still watching me. I got the strange feeling he wasn't exactly thrilled about me being here.

I walked into Dreydon's room and sat on the chair by his computer. I looked around the room and started to notice little things that I didn't before like he didn't have any family photos or pictures of himself on the walls. I wondered what happened to his parents or if he had any siblings. I thought of my own parents and how the chances of me ever seeing them again were slim to none. When I left the were still apart of Luca's pack and I couldn't step foot there again after what I did. At least not if I wanted to live.

I ended up falling asleep and the sound of Dreydon calling my name brought me out of my slumber.

"What are you doing up here. I thought you would still be with Jessica getting a tour of the outside" he said as I stretched my muscles.

"Yeah I was until something interesting happened and it was cut short" I said standing up and crossing my arms.

"What?" He said not the least bit interested.

"We ran into Celeste" I expected him to freeze on the spot or tense but he didn't.

"So"

"Well it seems like she might have been following us since she showed up right in the middle of a very interesting conversation. One that concerned you" That got his attention. His jaw clentched and his body tensed letting my know he was on the verge of being pissed.

"What did she tell you?"