"Besides dude. It's only been a few weeks since you stopped trying to kill him." Mike joked. "I agree with Eddie. You may be projecting."

"Okay, fine." Connor admitted. "I'm projecting. But that's still how I feel."

"What's how you feel?" Richies voice came just outside the kitchen before he entered, a yawn escaping his mouth and his eyes barely opened. He draped his arms around Eddies sitting frame and rested his head on his shoulder. "You left me in there alone." He whined sleepily.

"How are you feeling?" Eddie asked Richie as Mike scooped the eggs and two slices of bacon onto his plate.

"Hungover." Richie mumbled and looked to Mike with a childish pout. "Hey, Mikey, wanna make me some too?"

"Scrambled?" Mike asked, receiving a nod from Richie.

"Thank you." Richie hadn't even paid any mind to the person next to him, he was too hungover to care. Connor, however, sat ridged and waiting for him to notice.

"Mikey! You makin breakfast?" Beverlys voice came from the livingroom.

"He is!" Eddie shouted back. "Get Ben up!" The two entered the kitchen shortly, their clothes disheveled from the party earlier. "Where's Stanley?"

"He's still sleeping off his hangover." Mike commented.

"I'll get him." Ben yawned and headed towards the stairs.

"We never opened our letters." Beverly commented as she looked at the pile of envelopes on the counter. Eddie slowly ate his breakfast and nodded.

"Let's do em after Stanley and Ben get down here." Bill suggested as he too entered the kitchen. Nobody had mentioned last night again as Connor sat awkwardly at the island.

"Why the fuck am I awake right now?" Stanley grumbled as he entered the kitchen, Beverly shoved his envelope in to his hands. "Ah... I see."

"It's time to open up our letters." Mike pointed the spatula at him. "How do you like your eggs?"

"Over easy." Stanley moved to stand next to Mike, preparing to open his letter. "Who's gonna go first?"

"You go ahead." Bev said to Stan as she passed out the rest of the letters. "Did you bring yours, Connor? Mike reminded you right?" She asked kindly. Connor nodded once and pulled it out of his jacket pocket. Eddie gave him a soft friendly smile before feeling a protective grip on his shoulder as Richie leaned closer to him, a sense of warming security washing over him. Stanley carefully opened his envelope and read carefully from the paper before a smile crawled across his face.

"I got accepted." Stan breathed out a sigh of relief. Everyone congratulated him, each one anxious for their own letter. "Bev, how about you go next." He offered. Beverly nodded and opened her envelope, a lot less caring than Stanley had. Her eyes glossed over the words till she came across the one she was looking for: Accepted.

"I got accepted." She said with a cheerful giggle and nudged Ben to indicate it was his turn. Ben too got accepted to his school of choice, the same as Bev and Stan. "Bill?"

"Well, I have two letters." Bill explained as he opened both. "I guess we'll see which one said yes." As he read the papers, both of them contained the words he was looking for. "I got accepted to both. I guess now I have a decision to make, huh?" He laughed and scratched the back of his head. "Rich?"

"Oh, right." Richie opened his and glanced down at the lettering. "I got accepted." He said simply, kissing Eddie on the head. "Mike?" Mike opened his quickly, reading before going back to cooking.

"I got in." He announced and glanced to Eddie. "Eddie?" Eddie hands shook lightly from nerves. What if I didn't get in? Despite Richies help, I still didn't do very good in Math.

"H-how about Connor goes next?" Eddie stammered, prolonging his fears. "Who did you apply for?"

"Same as you I think." Connor said as he opened his, giving a taut nod as he read. "I got in too." Everyone looked to Eddie now, except Richie who stared at Connor a moment longer, distain in his gaze. "Your turn, Eds." Eddie nodded and swallowed his worry as he carefully opened his letter. He held his breath as he read. Accepted. The sigh that followed those words was answer enough to everyone to know he got in. The congratulations that followed, brought joy to every one except Eddie. A pit of uncertainty settled in his stomach as he looked back and forth between Richie and Connor at his sides.

We're going to be going to the same school...

Just as this thought emerged, Connor and Richie met each other's gazes. That pure hatred that sparked in the moment made the room feel hot and stuffy to Eddie. He groaned softly and rubbed his face.

Just great.