ix. UNDER THE INFLUENCE

✢ ✢ ✢

        After Lydia shot Stiles a text explaining that he needed to get to their room as quickly as possible, Foster finally decided that it would be best she told them about her encounter with Scott. It wasn't hard to put two and two together, that this time whatever's happening, the werewolves are the targets.

        Pacing back and forth, Foster explains, "I've never seen him act like that before."

        Stiles nods in agreement, assuring her, "Yeah, he was definitely a little off with me, too. But actually, it was Boyd who was really off. He put his fist through the vending machine." He then balls his hand in a fist, making a slight motion as Foster lets out a sigh.

        "There goes my five dollars," she mutters to herself.

        "See?" Lydia insists, trying to convince her friends that they need to get the hell out of this place. "It is the motel. Either we need to get out of here right now or someone needs to learn how to do an exorcism asap before the werewolves go crazy and kill us," Lydia continues, pulling a drawer open and snatching a Bible out of it.

        Stiles holds his hand out, trying to ease Lydia's nerves. "Just hold on, alright? What if it's not just the motel? You said the number in the office went up by three, right?"

        "Exactly like three sacrifices," Foster concluded, trying to convince them of her theory. In short, she feels like they need to take Finstock's keys and get as far away from this motel as possible.

        "What if this time it's three werewolves," Stiles infers, everything being put together finally. 

        Foster lets out a soft sigh, breathing out in dismay, "Scott, Isaac, and Boyd."

        Locking eyes with Foster, Stiles states gravely, "Maybe we were meant to come here."

        "Exactly!" Lydia cries out from across the room, a panicked expression on her face. "So can we get the hell out of here now? Please."

        Stiles' eyes then lock on the red, leather bound Bible in Lydia's hands, quickly snatching it while mumbling, "Can I see that?"

        A wrinkled paper sticks out of it, Stiles opening the binding and revealing a news paper article in the middle of the pages. Foster, who is standing beside Stiles, leans in, cocking her head to the side in confusion. It was an article on a suicide.        

        Allison and Lydia make their way over, Allison questioning softly, "What is it?"

        "Twenty-eight year old man hangs himself at the infamous Glenn Capri," Stiles reads straight from the paper, Foster's lips parting in confusion, wondering why the hell they would leave that news paper article in the middle of a Bible.

        He then sets the article down on the mattress, Foster snatching it as her eyes scan over the article even more. Stiles, on the other hand, flips through the pages of the Bible, soon holding it over the bed and shaking it, allowing dozens more to fall out of the paper.

        "This one mentions room 217," Foster breathes out, her eyes widening before wrapping her fingers around another one. "So does this one. Oh my, God. These are all of the suicides that occurred in this room."

        "What if every room has a Bible?" Allison soon questions, leaning in toward the other articles.

        "There could be articles in all of the rooms," Lydia murmurs, Foster shaking her head.