i. THE BAD BEGINNING

✢ ✢ ✢

        Foster is annoyed.

        There are many reasons that cause Foster to feel this way, but the main one is simple, Allison and Lydia have completely blown her off like she's dust on the bottom of their shoe. Yes, Foster didn't expect them to be happy when she told them that she and Scott kissed, and that she's actually been liking him for quite a bit, but it's better than lying. It's better than keeping it away from them the entire summer, and now Allison won't return her texts even though she's in France, and Lydia won't even hang out with her like they were planning to.

        It's like she's not even relevant anymore.

        Which is why she's currently sitting in a tattoo parlor next to Stiles Stilinski, watching her she doesn't even know what to call him as of now, Scott McCall wait to get a tattoo. Apparently he needed one as a reward of some sort, the reason of the reward still unknown to both Foster and Stiles. 

        And as for her and Scott in general, as a couple or whatever they are, she has absolutely no idea what's going on with them. They haven't kissed once since sophomore year, the two hanging out almost all of the time during the summer.

        They've spent their time watching movies (hell, they even cuddled a bit) and going out to different burger joints to eat, but not once have they confirmed what they are. That is if they're even anything to being with. In short, Foster is feeling an overwhelming amount of frustration and confusion.

        She taps her foot impatiently, Stiles sifting through a book full of sketches. Beside them is a burly man, holding onto the sketch that Scott made of his tattoo, the man looking at it skeptically.

        "Boy," the man muses sarcastically, "it's a good thing you drew me a picture."

        Scott only grins in response, Foster's stomach feeling a swarm of butterflies fly through it. In short, her feelings for Scott have only quadrupled over the summer, and now she's head over heels for the boy.

        "Hey, Scott," Stiles begins, the two teens glancing over at the boy who turns a large sketch of a tattoo around, the image resembling one that looked exactly like the kanima. "Are you sure you don't want something like this?" Scott shoots him a look, Stiles asking, "Too soon?"

        Foster rolls her eyes before leaning forward from her chair and smacking Stiles upside the head, stating, "It will always be too soon, buddy."

        "Noted," the brunette boy mumbles, setting it down as the burly man continue to prepare all of the inks and such. "I don't know, man. Are you sure about this? These things are pretty permanent."

        "Really, Stiles?" Foster drawls out sarcastically, her annoyance and frustration that has accumulated over the summer beginning to get the best of her.

        Scott, of course, is still grinning like an idiot. "I'm not changing my mind."

        "Okay, but why two bands?" Stiles questions, Foster thinking that it would actually look pretty bad ass.

        Scott shrugs, "I just like it."

        "Don't you think you first tattoo should have some sort of meaning or something?"

        "Well, getting a tattoo means something," Scott counters, Stiles seeming to be very against his best friend getting a tattoo.

        "He's right," the burly man agrees with Scott, Stiles having a look of defeat cross his face. "Tattooing goes all the way back for years. The Tahitian word tattooa means to leave a mark, like a right of passage."