The Five Winters - Chapter 20 to 40 - Harry Potter FanFic.net

Hello. This is a fanfiction that I found very interesting so I took the chance to post it for you all and for myself too ^^ I don't own anything of what is posted here and the original source is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5775949/1/The_Five_Winters

These are from chapter 21 to 40. Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 21

December Delving

After Hermione had conjured up another chair, and Crookshanks had seated himself there, she scourgified her plate of cat hairs and the remains of a long-gone steak, and reached for a slice of fish. She ate her dinner in relative silence, much more focused on watching her friends down at the Gryffindor table eat.

Hermione had finished her tea and pushed her plate back, when Severus leaned down to ask her something.

"Would you mind switching seats with me?"

"Why?" Hermione asked, bewildered.

In response, he jerked his head towards Trelawney, who was on his other side.

"Of course," Hermione said, standing up. Severus moved to her seat, and she took the seat between Trelawney and the Potions Master.

"Thank you," he responded in a clipped tone.

Trelawney, who had been yammering away in Severus's ear while he had been eating, stopped talking when Hermione took Severus's seat in his stead.

"Dear," she said. "Could you please switch seats with me? I must finish explaining to Sevvy about how the conjunction of Venus in coordination to our birth dates is of great importance to our future…"

Oh god, Hermione thought as she realized why Severus had wanted to switch seats with her. She fancies him. He clearly did not return the feelings, and Hermione was not surprised. She actually rather pitied the Potions Master a bit now, knowing he had to contend with the batty Divination teacher.

Hermione had no mercy on Trelawney- especially not after the woman's constant remarks about Hermione's abilities as a witch and Harry's liklihood of dying an early death- as she turned to her and said in the politest tone possible, "I'm quite content to sit here, Professor. And I don't think anyone else is remotely interested in hearing about your predictions."

"Are you implying that I am not a seer?" Trelawney looked rather affronted.

Hermione raised an eyebrow. "Divination is a very wooly subject," she offered.

"Allow me, then, to show you the error of your ways," Trelawney snapped, reaching over for Hermione's empty teacup. She peered down at it, frowned, then swirled it around three times again, as though to make sure.

"My dear…"

"Not the grim, please. I've seen enough of him for the last few years, in one form or another, thank you."

"No, not the grim," Trelawney said, frowning, and swirled the cup around three times once more. She sighed, and pronounced- "It's the Lover."

"Well, that's a new one," Hermione said conversationally as she took out her wand and summoned her Transfiguration textbook. Proping it up against the salad bowl, she turned to chapter eight, and began reading.

Professor Trelawney looked entirely offended at Hermione's total disregard of her words.

Severus and Minerva, who had also been listening in, smirked in amusement.