3

The warm water chilled me to my core . Why was I so scared to come here , this place is amazing. Really amazing.

And as time goes on , so did my confidence also grew a couple of folds .

I quickly got the hand of this whole swimming thing , well would you look at that, am I not born to swim . Okay maybe my swimming wasn't that amazing , because I mean the water wasn't even that high . It came around my waist when I was standing on the slippery soil of the dam . But I would float a bit and that was, well the most amazing thing to me .

Slowly I started to paddle , if I can even call it that , towards the rest of the gang. The confidence that busted out of me, unjustified or not, Clara swam to me .

'What the hell do you think you are doing ? , ahh what are we talking about ..' Firstly why are you yelling at me '

I took a long breath, for dramatic effects, but in sure I ended up looking like a gapping fish, because she just looked at me weirdly.

Haaa! Would you look at that, a gapping fish in water. That was the weirdest thing. I should not try to be funny. I mea..

'Hey, hey earth to you' Clara said while saving her hands in front of my eyes. Was I out for that long? I should stop having my moments in front of other. A little front on my face, and a second later I stared back at her.

What were we talking about again?.. Uhm oh yea
'I wanna do what you and the rest of the girls are doing ,duh ' . I mean isn't that obvious , I came here to be with them I wasn't about to swim the day away , while the rest of them are playing games by the two big rock inside the water . No , I was joining them alright .

'Don't tell me you are going where I think you're going , because you are not . You'll drown there okay .

' can you stop sounding like my mom for a second '. Why was she so tense.' I know what I'm doing '.

With that I did my almost swimming paddling thing and ventured on to where the rest of the gang was.

Upon reaching the other kids Clara was there already, looking so pale and out of breath. Seriously what was wrong with her.

' Tasha, you really really don't have to do anything of this bravado acts of yours'

Okay now this was embarrassing. I turn back to my side where she was standing and gave her a hard glare.

She just narrowed her eyes.

'you are not the boss of me'. I didn't want to show her but I was hurt that she could say that in front of everyone.

She's my best friend, and best friends protests best friends. That's what we always said.

Her airing out my most uncomfortable feelings in front of everyone was a low blow. She didn't have to.

One of the girls, a seventh grader. She was so pretty. Short curly hair, round face and a pouty mouth.

She spoke up to her and as much as she looked like she was standing up for me, the look on her face, told a different story.

Upon closer inspection, I saw how her mouth looked so stiff while she spoke. The words bubbling out of her mouth. Like she was suppressing a laughed.

'look Clara, Natasha wants to play, don't step on her toes.

The most talkative one on the ground, her name Lara, was already on top of the rock.

' we are going for one more round before we can go back home.

With that, she squared then jumped high in the air, flipped once and made a huge splash when her body made contact with the water.

Everybody screamed, whistle and shouted as she emerged from under the water a couple of seconds later.

My jaw hit the floor, uhm.. I mean water, okay I'm going to leave it at that because I'm not making sense.

While I was busy in my head, three more girls had also flipped and it looked like I'd have to go jump soon too.

Before I knew it Clara was on top of the rock and I was the last one.

I don't know what was happening, but the water felt charged with something, and what felt like minutes when it was seconds, Clara hit the water and I made my way on top of the rock.

The voice that I heard on my way coming to the dam. Started talking louder than ever.

'you are home child, please stay.

Upon reaching the rock the water was colder, everybody a little quiet.

Or nsyb it was just me, but it looked like every eye was starring at me.

I climbed the rock and the water looked so chilled, so calm, so welcoming.

That was when I heard the other voice. 'stop it, get down from there and go home.

I don't remember when this voice was ever this loud, unlike the other one. I knew this one. I always called it my conscience because it was there since the very beginning.

But never had it ever sounded so disturbed.

A little breeze flew by and my whole body was covered in goosebumps.

I made a decision that I wasn't going to jump. I turned around to where I had climbed the rock to get off .

A couple of seconds before I did, the breeze came back and what looked like invisible hands pushed me back to where I was suppose to jump. It pushed, and pushed until I was in the air going straight for fall into the water.