𝑿𝑰𝑿

Excuse any mistakes.

❝Something that is so real

❝Something that is so real.❞

It had been several weeks since their date at the park, and the whispers about them had finally quietened down. Some girl had witnessed them kissing on their little date, and had taken it upon herself to ensure that every single student at the school received the video. It had been a long, and tiring number of weeks after that, but with exams around the corner, everyone was focused on cramming as much as they could into the brains that hadn't been utilised since the last exam. Even Jerry —energetic, happy-go-lucky Jerry— was holed up in the library, struggling to absorb his textbook content on Electrochemistry.

Fortunately, never having grades that dropped below an A minus excluded Ashanti from the dramatics. Miles had been doing great lately, so he didn't have much worries either.

And that was why they were seated, watching Jeremiah talk to himself like the maniac he low key was.

“This is driving me crazy,” the boy muttered again, oblivious to the looks he was getting from his friends.

"Don't you think we should say something, love?"

Ashanti smiled, her cheeks heating up. It wasn't like it was the first time he'd called her that, but even after many months, it somehow managed to still bring a smile to her face every time. He really was a blessing.

"Aren't we talking already?"

He rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean," he leaned forward to kiss her cheek. "He's worrying too much.".

"I know," she agreed with a sigh. "This is very unlike him, and—"

Jeremiah slapped his hand on the table, effectively gaining their attention. "I can hear you guys, you know," he said, the meanest mug on his face. "I'm not invincible."

"Yeah, are you okay? You don't seem to be taking everything too well."

Ashanti remained quiet, since it seems like Miles had it covered.

"I just want to do good," Jerry answered. "I knew I should've worked on myself earlier, what if it's too late?"

"It's never too late," Miles said, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "You have us in your corner," he motions towards the space between him and Ashanti, "best believe we'll be fine."

He was the kind of person everybody needed in their corner, and she thanked the almighty everyday for placing him in hers. Regardless of how things turned out between them, he would always be a part of her life to be thankful for.

▬▬▬▬▬

"Are you okay?"

Miles looked up, her voice drawing him away from his thoughts. "Yes, why?"

"You're sure?" When it took him over five seconds to respond, she pressed. "How's the process coming along?"

"The divorce?" She nodded. "It'll be finalized soon. It's going smoother than I expected, if I'm being honest."

"They're adults, I'm sure they don't want to make this more difficult than it has to be. Especially since you're involved."

He agreed. "I guess."

"Baby," she stuck her bottom lip out, "give me a hug, please."

"You always wanna be under me," he teased. They both knew that was more him, but she was going to let it slide this once. "You obsessed with the boy, or what?"

She ignored his question, focusing on taking their books off her bed so they could have more space; she didn't even like having her bed so messy, but Miles could only concentrate when he was comfortable. Afterwards, he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her until she was settled in his lap.

"You smell so good," she said, burying her head deeper onto his chest, and struggling to get her arms to wrap around his frame entirely.

"Mhm," he sighed. "You smell and look so good," he raised her head so he could leave kisses all over her face. "I think I'm the one who's obsessed."

She smirked. "You think? The entire world been knew this already, sir."

"You knew and you ain't tell me?" He asked, a look of mock hurt on his face.

"If it makes you feel better," she leaned forward to kiss him, smiling when he deepened the kiss. "I'm obsessed with you too."

super sorry for the delay with this chapter. i've written and deleted this chapter about a hundred times, and i'm still not satisfied with it, but my exams begin real soon and that's stressing me out too and—

y'all get the point, right?.

anywho, i think it's one chapter and the episode left *join me as i cry, please*. i honestly can't wait to be done with the book so i can edit and bring my vision to life.

thoughts on this chapter? your favorite part? leave all your thoughts in the comments!

till next time, babies!