Meeting the Gran(d)s

Start from the beginning

"Can we get a better look at her, Swift?" James asked.

Swift nodded and held her up to the screen but not too close. She looked at the four birds curiously before smiling and trying to reach out to them.

"Aww..." They all swooned

"She's got your eyes, Swift." Rosanne noticed as they studied the chick.

Swift chuckled as he brought her back towards him and cradled her.

"So, what name did you give her?"  Priscilla asked.

"Her name's Miracle. Because that's what she is." Penny replied.

"She is indeed a miracle. So, Swift, there's no more doubts that she's yours, right?" Rosanne piped up.

Everyone's eyes widened at that.

"W-what?" Swift stuttered. "Why... h-how do you..." he turned to Penny. "You told them?"

"Rosanne!" James sternly whispered to his wife who had covered her beak with both hands when she realized what she said.

Penny frowned. "Yea, I did. I was worried about you, and... I wanted some advice."

"I'm so sorry, Penny. It just slipped. Swift, please don't be mad at her." Rosanne frantically apologized.

"I'm... not mad. Just... ashamed. I had no reason to doubt anything. I mean... consciously I didn't, but..." he paused unable to finish.

"Swift... It's nothing to be ashamed of." Phil told him. "Whether your doubt was conscious or not... it is understandable. You're an interspecies couple, who are complete opposites in terms of biology. It should have been impossible for you to produce an egg together. And yet, you did. The impossible became possible for you. That would cause anyone, even someone like you, Swift, to have even just a little bit of doubt even when you fully trust and love your partner."

"Phil's right." James jumped in. "Swift, I know you well enough to know that you're having guilt right now. And I'm telling you, don't! That uncertainty is gone. You have a daughter in the likeness of both of you. Proof of the impossible being possible. And you have a mate who loves you unconditionally."

"Yea... Yea, I know. And... you're right dad. You too, Mr. Penguin. I knew she was mine from the start, but I really hoped that when she hatched she would have features from both of us to get rid of any lingering doubts. So, to answer your question, mom... like I told Penny when she asked, there's definitely no more doubts." Swift told them as he tickled Miracle, who let out little tweets and squawks of laugher.

"Oh, good," Rosanne let out a sigh of relief, but mostly due to her slip up.

"Aww... she tweets AND squawks." Priscilla gushed.

Penny giggled. "Yea, we learned that pretty early when she got hungry."

"So now, you just need to find out whether she's a swimmer or a flier, or both." Rosanne stated.

Swift chuckled. "Penny said the same thing. It's too early to tell, but we're hoping for both."

James chuckled. "We hope so too." He stated.

Miracle then let out a yawn with a soft tweet. This caught everyone's attention. They all looked to her as her eyes began to slowly close.

Phil chuckled. "Looks like its someone's naptime."

"Yea, it is getting kind of late. We should get her to bed." Penny stated

"Ok, dear. It was great to see you two, and exciting to see the new member of the family. We'll come visit as soon as we can." Priscilla stated.

"Agreed. We'll plan together when we can all come and we'll let you two know." Rosanne added.

"Sounds good. We look forward to your visit." Swift replied.

"Same here," James stated. "Congrats you two. Best of luck with your miracle chick."

"Thanks." Swift and Penny replied. "Bye, everyone."

They all said their goodbyes and ended the call.

Penny giggled. "Their reaction was priceless. Expected, but priceless."

Swift chuckled. "Yup. Come on, Pen. Let's get Miracle to bed." He said, then began to make his way to the bedroom. Penny complied and walked next to him.

When they got to their room, they walked over to the crib they had set up next to their bed. Penny and Swift kissed Miracle on the forehead, before Swift carefully placed her in the crib, and covered her up.

They stood next to the crib watching her sleep as they lovingly embraced each other.

--

I did say I was going to do more stories around Miracle. XD

Hope you enjoyed it.Feedback greatly appreciated.