Good News

(Emily's POV)

Emily is 8 months

I open my eyes to see a nurse checking my vitals, "Oh! You're awake!", She says as she smiles at me. I nod, feeling weary, "Yeah, may I see Daniel?", I ask. The nurse smiles, "Well, we can call him", she says. I nod, sitting up in my bed, "Thank you, also, is the baby ok?", I ask as I lay my hand on my round stomach. The nurse smiles, "We checked the baby, She is perfectly fine, if you didn't arrive at the hospital when you did, your daughter would've died", she says. I smile, a sigh of relief coming over me, "Thank goodness", I say with a small smile. The nurse smiles, "Your due date is August 10th", she says as she types on her computer. I nod, getting out of bed, "Ohhh no, you can't get out of bed yet", exclaims the nurse as she puts me back in bed. I sigh, "Well, when can I?", I ask, just wanting to go home. The nurse smiles at me, typing on her computer, "Today actually, just not right now", she says as she hands me my phone. I nod and wait until she is out of the room. I then call Daniel, hearing ringing until I hear Daniel pick up, "Omg Ems, you're awake!", he says with a happy tone. I nod, smiling, "Yep, can you come to the hospital? I wanna chat with you, I miss you", I say softly. Daniel sighs happily, "I'll be there soon, I love you", he says as he hangs up. I sigh happily, my hands on my round stomach as I take a short nap.

(Daniel's POV)

"NOLAN!!!", I yell out. Nolan comes racing down the stairs, his hair messy, looking at me worriedly, "What happened?!?!?!", he asks scared. I chuckle, patting his shoulder, "Chill dude, Emily wants us to come to the hospital", I say with a smile as I get my car keys. Nolan smiles, "Is she okay? Will she be able to get out of the hospital?", asks Nolan, anxious. I chuckle, "She'll tell us when we get there, come on!", I say as we head out the door.

10 minutes later

"Hello, we're here to see Emily Grayson", I say with excitement. The receptionist nods and types on her computer, "She's awake, you may see her now, she's in Room 120", she says. Nolan and I nod and rush to her room, coming into her room to see Emily smiling at us, "Ems, how are you feeling?", I ask as I approach her bed. Emily sighs happily, "Better, that's for sure", she says. I chuckle, stroking her dirty blond hair, kissing her on the forehead, "How's the baby?", I ask as I place my hand on her stomach. Emily puts her hand on top of mine, smiling, "She's good, she's perfectly healthy", she says with a smile. I sigh, relief overcoming me, "Thank god, when is she due?", I ask. Emily smiles, "August 10th", she says, yawning. I think about it for a minute, "That's soon, Emily, we need to get that room done, our daughter is expected soon", I say in a panic. Emily smiles tiredly and takes my hand, "It's a month, we got this", she says. I smile and kiss the top of her hand, "I love you", I say under my breath. Emily chuckles softly, "I love you too", she says. Nolan smiles, "When are you gonna be able to get out of the hospital?", he asks. Emily smiles, "Today, just not right now", she says. Nolan smiles, coming over and hugging Emily softly, "I've missed you so much", he says happily. Emily hugs him back, "I've missed you too", she says as lets go of him, smiling up at him. Nolan chuckles, smiling, "Well, I'm gonna head out, gotta tell the other part of the Grayson family that you're awake", he says. I grab his shoulder, "Don't, please, my family will make Emily feel worse", I say sacred. Nolan nods, "I'll respect your wishes", he says with a smile and heads out of Emily's room. I nod, taking Emily's hand, looking at her wedding ring, "I'm just glad to call you my wife", I say with a smile. Emily chuckles softly, "I'm just glad I didn't die", she says. I smile, "I'm glad you didn't either", I say. Emily sighs, "Ok, you're ready to go", says the nurse as she smiles at us. I nod and smile, "Thank you very much", I say as I get out of bed. Daniel helps me out, "Let's head home, I know you wanna be in your own bed", he says. I laugh, "You're absolutely right on that", I say, smiling. Daniel chuckles and helps me to the car. We get in the car and drive home.

15 minutes later

"How does it feel to finally be home?", asks Daniel. I sigh, smiling, "It feels amazing!",I say. Daniel chuckles, "That's how I felt when I came home from the hospital", he says. I beam with joy, plopping on the couch, "I feel tired", I say as I yawn. Daniel smiles, "As always", he says. I laugh tiredly, getting comfortable on the couch, "I'm gonna head to bed, night night", I say as I close my eyes, falling asleep.

(Daniel's POV)

I smile as I look at Emily sleeping soundly, "Good to have you home", I say softly but, happily. I then head upstairs and get changed, getting into some comfy clothes. I then lay in bed, looking up at the ceiling, sighing, "What am I gonna do with a baby? Not a dog, not a cat but, a baby, a thing that means the world to my wife, how am I gonna take care of a kid? I'm not expereinced enough to be a father I mean, I don't think so, I'm not ready", I think in my mind. I then think so much that I eventually fall asleep.

Author's Note

I know, this is very short but, I'm losing inspo on this fanfic so, probably two more chapters until I'm ending the book. I'm sorry guys, I'm trying. Hope you enjoy!