Chapter 3: The Spar

Start from the beginning

"Well she better be, or someone might just be responsible for my death," he whined dramatically.

Seokjin rolled his eyes at his cousin's antics. "Relax, you won't die from a surface wound," he said. "I'm sure she'll be here soon."

"I'm here, I'm here!" Chloe called out as she burst through the doors. All the heads in the room turned towards her direction.

"It's about time," remarked Taehyung dryly, as Seokjin slapped his shoulder. "OW. What the hell Jin!"

"Oh shoot, forgot about that."

Chloe internally rolled her eyes, remembering the Prince's antics from the other day at the garden, and she wondered if he would recognize her even without her mask. She didn't think it was possible but somehow, he looked even more handsome without his mask."Sorry, Your Highness, I got here as fast as I could," she replied. "Can I see the wound?" Taehyung, who still hadn't made eye contact with her, abruptly took off his bloody shirt to reveal a long cut extending across his collarbones. Chloe gulped, ignoring the Prince's toned stomach, and focused her eyes on the wound. "That's gonna need stitches. Won't take too long, I just need the room."

"You heard the nurse," Seokjin said, gesturing to the guards to follow him outside. "See you on the other side, Your Highness," he smirked before leaving. Taehyung rolled his eyes.

He sat upright on the bed, his legs hanging off the side. "Is it okay if I sit next to you?" asked Chloe. "It'll make it easier for me to stitch you up." He motioned for her to go ahead.

She sat on the bed, getting out her medical kit. She gently cleaned off the dried blood around the wound and on his chest. "I'm just going to put some rubbing alcohol on the wound to make sure it doesn't get infected. This is going to sting just a little bit," Chloe warned.

She began to dab the cloth over the cut when Taehyung suddenly hissed out in discomfort. "Does everyone in this kingdom want to see me in pain?!" he snapped, glancing at her annoyedly. But something about those hazel eyes of hers seemed very familiar...

Chloe resisted the urge to smack him in the face and instead forced herself to smile. "The quicker you let me do it, the less pain you feel, and the faster I can finish up."

"Fine, I hope you know what you're doing," he muttered, brushing it off.

"Wouldn't be the royal nurse if I didn't," she said with a sarcastic smile. Taehyung raised an eyebrow, trying to place where he heard this attitude before. Chloe finished cleaning the wound with a few more outbursts from Taehyung and proceeded to stitch it up. "This is going to be the most painful part. Are you ready?"

"Can I at least get some painkillers first?"

Chloe rolled her eyes inwardly for the umpteenth time since meeting the Prince. "I'm only allowed to give it to patients with serious wounds."

"You don't call this serious?!" he asked incredulously.

"No. Your Highness," she deadpanned. "I'm gonna start stitching now. Just take some deep breaths." Chloe began the process, inserting the needle through the skin and weaving the string in and out across his collarbone, but felt Taehyung's eyes boring into her. Their proximity and the fact that his chest was bare made goosebumps rise on her skin.

"You know, you seem a little familiar," he said, interrupting her thoughts. "Have we met before?"

"I think I'd remember if I met the Royal Prince," Chloe chuckled, brushing it off. "I'm new to the castle." Taehyung contemplated questioning further, but hissed in pain, feeling the needle through his skin. "I'm sorry, Your Highness, are you alright?" she asked, looking up into his eyes. The sudden force of the gaze from his hazel eyes took her by surprise and left her breathless. She never realized how handsome the Prince was until now.

"Never better," he breathed. Chloe snapped out of the trance and returned to his stitches, finishing them up as quickly as possible.

"All done," she said. "Since I'm here, why don't I check up on the cut on your hand?"

How did she know about... Realization dawned in Taehyung's eyes as he connected the dots on who this girl was. "Sure thing, Chloe," he smirked, her name rolling off his lips.

Chloe chuckled. "Well, it's about time, Your Highness. You know for a Prince, you're pretty slow," she remarked casually, checking on his hand.

He laughed surprisedly. Taehyung was still not used to her speaking so casually with him. It was a refreshing change from the serious formalities within the kingdom.

"Anyways, I'm all done," she stated, packing up her supplies, but Taehyung pouted. He finally found her after the river and Ball and he wanted to talk to her longer.

"Will I see you around? Or do I have to be injured for us to meet?" he asked hopefully.

She smirked at him, teasing. "I guess we'll just have to find out, won't we?" Taehyung shook his head in playful disappointment. "See you later, Your Highness." she jokingly curtsied.

"Bye, Chloe," he said with a smile, admiring her as she left the room. He had a feeling this wasn't the last time he would see her.

Elora exited Taehyung's chambers with a grin on her face. She felt glad that she was finally getting closer with the Prince and executing her mission. She had come a long way from healing rabbits to befriending the prince of her enemy kingdom. Elora could still remember that day six years ago when the mission to find the Vida Gem was born...

 |>

|/\|

|/\*/\|

I*/\*/\*I

A/N: Hey guys! We worked really hard on this chapter and we hope you enjoy it!