When You're Away

"Kihyunie~" Minhyuk cooed as he sat with the other members at the dorm table waiting for the meal the shorter had made. "Where's Shownu-hyung? He hasn't been here all afternoon, and he's been staying out later and later every night..." a small frown appeared on the boy's face.

"Yeah." Changkyun agreed. "I tried asking him when he wandered in last night, but he just told me not to worry, and go to bed. Is something going on with him?"

"I'm sure he's fine." Kihyun told them placing their places down in front of them. "He's a grown man he can take care of himself."

He told them that to obviously make them feel better, but he was just as worried, if not more. Shownu had been staying out pretty late for the past few nights, and he would just disappear at ungodly times without telling anyone. Their leader wasn't the type to be irresponsible, and definitely wasn't the type to not tell his members where he was going, specifically knowing how worrisome and somewhat clingy the second youngest Jooheon was, especially to his special hyung. Truth is Kihyun wasn't just worried he was somewhat distraught. He wouldn't be able to sleep until Shownu had come home, and sometimes even after, but still, he tried to put on a brave face for the sake of his other members.

"But Shownu always wants to have meals with us, and he hasn't shown up all week." Wonho mentioned.

Giving an agreeing nod Hyungwon added, "He barely answers his phone too."

"And he's being so secretive..." Jooheon gave a genuine pout. "What if he's getting into trouble, what if he doesn't come home?"

"Jooheon." Kihyun quickly stopped him before the boy's thoughts got the better of him. "Of course he'll come home. You know he loves monsta x practically more than anyone he's not going to throw that away. Now can everyone just try to eat. I'll talk to him when he gets back okay? No need to worry."

-&-

Kihyun was now pacing back and forth in the living room after everyone had gone to bed. He was clutching his phone in his hand debating  if he should call again to probably just hear Shownu's receiver go straight to voicemail. He occasionally would gnaw on his thumb nail out of anxious habit and flinched as he tried to do it again seeing as there was practically nothing left to bite.

Shownu still hadn't returned and it was far past 3 in the morning. He'd never stayed out this late, especially without telling anyone, and Kihyun felt almost sick with worry.

Jooheon's words came to mind.

"What if he's getting into trouble... what if he doesn't come back?"

Kihyun tried to shake the thought away. It wasn't helping, he knew that, yet still he couldn't help but think up a million different horrible things that could have happened to their leader.

His heart sank... he didn't know what to do with himself... sure no matter what he'd be worried for the older male, but truth was, for a while know he'd started to have feelings for him. Stronger then just wanting to be friends. At first he just thought it was a small crush that would go away, but he'd been realizing lately that it'd been growing more and more everyday.

And those feelings definitely didn't make his worriment any better. In fact they just made him feel like his heart was aching on top of everything. When Shownu was away and he knew where he was was bad enough, but not even having the slightest clue made everything so much worse...

He missed him...

He somewhat wondered if it was his fault he was disappearing. He'd noticed that his leader may have caught on a bit to his feelings, despite him never directly saying it to him, and now he wondered if he'd made things awkward and he wanted to be away. But then he felt Shownu had know for quite some time, and this disappearing only started recently.