"I understand." I looked up at him and he gave me a comforting smile which I tried to return.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

On our way back to his house we heard a cry for help as the mine collapsed, we ran over to help whoever needed it. There was an old man lying under the rock, Haru tried to hold back the rocks with his body while I tried to pull the old man out but it was no use.

"Haru.." I spoke.

"I can't." He gritted already knowing.

"It's the only way!" I replied. "Please, no one is around to see."

His eyes locked with mine and I knew it could be risky but it was the only way. He walked around and pushed the rocks back falling into the mine. A smile plastered onto my face as I looked at him, he smiled back at me.

"Haru! You did it!" He helped with holding the old man and taking him back to the village to get him help.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

We got back to the barn and by then it was already dark, he went back to house and I went to the barn, the others were getting ready to sleep and I joined them, making my own spot to sleep.

"I'm glad Haru, saved the man." I said laying on my side.

"You must have really inspired him." Aang said and I shook my head.

"Katara, did." I smiled at my sister. "You're annoying but I know you only have good intentions, so thank you." She smiled back at me.

"Everyone should get some sleep, we're leaving at dawn." Sokka said.

"Dawn? Can't we sleep in for once?" Katara asked.

"Absolutely not! This village is crawling with Fire Nation troops." Sokka told her. "If they discover you're here, Aang, we'll be eating fireballs for breakfast, good night."

"I'd rather eat fireballs than nuts." I muttered.

"Good night." Sokka repeated and the three of us chuckled as I put out the fire.

*・☪︎·̩͙

In the morning I woke up to get more drinking water from the pump so we could leave soon, but when I did I noticed Haru's mother standing outside, she looked back at me tears falling down her face and I knew what had happened.

"They took him!" I shouted pushing the door open. "That old geezer probably reported him and they took him away! Oh no. It's my fault, I basically forced him to earthbend!"

"Kaida! Slow down." Sokka said and put his hand on my shoulder. "When did this happen?"

"His mom said it happened at midnight. The fire troops knocked on their door and took Haru." I explained.

"Then it's too late to track him, he's long gone by now." Sokka replied and I looked down.

"That's right so we won't track him. They're gonna take me straight to him." I said as a plan formed in my head.

"And why would they do that?" Aang asked.

"I'm gonna be an earthbender." I replied then looked at Aang. "With some help from an airbending friend?"

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

Sokka and I were rolling a boulder to one of the vents. "I thought you were crazy at first, Kaida." Sokka said and I glanced at him confused. "But this might work.
There are ventilation shafts throughout these mines, all Aang has to do is send an air current from that vent to this one right here. The boulder levitates and Ta-Da! fake earthbending." He explained.

"Aang, did you get all that?" Katara asked the airbender who was playing with a butterfly.

"Do you remember your cue?" I asked.

"Yeah Yeah, just relax." Aang spoke. "You're taking all the fun out of this."

"Aang, we're trying to save Haru." I said. "I don't think you should be taking this so lightly."

"As in she's intentionally being captured by ruthless firebenders again!" Sokka said and I pat his shoulder.

"Here they come." Katara warned. "Get in your places."

Sokka and I got into place and then Katara gave up the signal to start so we both walked out and bumped into each other. We then started the fake argument.

"Get out of my way freckles!!" Sokka said in his fake acting voice.

"How dare you call me freckles, you giant ear-ed creatin." I shot back.

"What did you call me?" He asked.

"A giant ear-ed creatin, I mean look at those things!" I told him. "Do herds of animals use them for shade?"

"You better back off." Sokka told me then whispered. "Seriously. Back off."

"You brought up my freckles I bring up your ears." I whispered back then looked at the guards.
"I will not back off, I bet elephants get together and make fun of how large your ears are."

"That's it you're going down." Sokka said.

"I'll show you who's boss! Earthbending style!" I went to the vent but nothing happend. I cleared my throat loudly. "I SAID EARTHBENDING STYLE!"

The boulder rose up. "That lemur, he's earthbending." The guard said and I facepalmed.

"No you idiots, It's the girl." Sokka said and pointed to me.

"Oh, of course." The guard said.

"I'll hold her." Sokka grabbed onto me and whispered. "You got twelve hours to find Haru. We'll be right behind you."

"All right, how hard can it be? I mean these guy's aren't really the smartest guards." I whispered then I was taken away only getting one glance back at everyone.

I had sacrificed myself again to the Fire Nation in order to save someone, I better get good karma soon.

————————
Edited; 10/29/20
Re-edited; 7/8/21
Also I want to mention I have dyslexia so please let me know if there are still any mistakes after I have re-edited them.