New Family

For the past decade, Scrooge was the only one Clarissa could really trust, and she was just fine with that. Della took off on that rocket, Donald left her behind, Scrooge was the only one who actually took the time to think about her.

She'd long since adopted the nickname Chloe and had actually become Scrooge's secretary. Life for her was as good as it could get. She got to spend every hour of every day either on her own, which she didn't mind in the slightest, or with her Uncle Scrooge, which they both cherished. 

As for Scrooge, he was constantly worried about Chloe. She rarely, if ever, interacted with anyone her age. There was Webbigail, his current house-sitter's granddaughter, but the lass was a bit... excitable. 

Chloe never talked about what happened. Scrooge didn't blame her. And despite everything she's been through, Chloe still smiled. 

"Ugh! You think you could get some new investors?" she asked, closing her laptop. "The Buzzkill Buzzards are impossible to work with!"

Scrooge scoffed. "They may be buzzkills, but they're still the most responsible investors I could find. Believe me, I've tried."

That got Chloe to chuckle. Which in turn, made Scrooge smile as well.

Chloe's smile was one of the few thingS that made Scrooge happy. On fact, everything that did make Scrooge even remotely smile could all be traced back to Chloe.

The moment was interrupted by a neighboring car, honking its horn at the limo. The driver was quick to swerve out of the way... only to end up on the wrong side of the road.

"Gah! Every dent in this comes out of your salary, McQuack!" Scrooge yelled. Honestly, the only reason Scrooge kept Launchpad McQuack as his driver was because he was cheap and Chloe liked him.

"Sorry, Mr. and Miss McDuck!" he quickly apologized.

"It's fine, Launchpad," Chloe said. "Just remember what we talked about. Focus on getting to your destination. No need to get dangerous."

Only problem, once they did get home, there was another car right in front of the gate, keeping Launchpad from getting close enough to open them. 

It was a Volkswagen as far as Chloe could tell. 

"Mrs. B! Open up! I gotta get outta here before..." said a familiar voice.

Scrooge rudely leaned up front and honked the horn.

"He shows up," said the voice. 

Scrooge angrily got out of the limo and shouted, "Jettison that jalopy from my driveway this instant you, deadbeat!"

The Volkswagen door opened, and out stepped a duck Chloe recognized all too well. Standing there, in a black sailor getup, was none other than...

"Donald Duck," Scrooge seethed.

"Donny?" Chloe asked herself aloud.

"Uncle Scrooge," Donald replied.

"Uncle Scrooge?!" shouted three unfamiliar voices from the Volkswagen. Chloe could see three kids in the back of Donald's car, one of which rolled out the window and across the roof.

"Since when does Donald have kids?" Chloe quietly asked. "Unless that's..."

"So... still living in that houseboat?" Scrooge awkwardly asked.

"Yes," Donald answered. "Still a trillionare?"

Scrooge simply glanced at his mansion.

"Good, good," Donald said. "So..."