Although maybe I will try to stay away from the river today, just in case...

A small, black head peered into the den, and Sablepaw quickly padded towards them. Her tail flicked back and forth pleasantly, though she paused to give Cedarpaw a long look that suggested she didn't quite know what to make of him.

Now, granted, Cedarpaw didn't have any concrete evidence that Sablepaw was as bad as her brother. But the association alone was enough reason to avoid her regardless. He returned her stare with a small spark of defiance, a look familiar to Robinpaw as she flicked her tail warningly at him.

"...You have pine needles in your fur," Sablepaw announced finally, cutting through the stony silence. She broke off staring at Cedarpaw, nodding politely at the other apprentices. "Ravenmoon is calling a meeting soon. She asked me to let you all know."

Just like that, Sablepaw padded out of the den. Cedarpaw waited for her tail to disappear before lapping at his coat. Whatever mixed feelings he had, she'd been right; his fur was a mess this morning.

"She's not that bad if you take some time to talk to her, you know," Firepaw remarked.

"You just get along with every cat you meet," Cedarpaw teased warmly. "Anyway, I doubt she'd want to talk to me. Not when Breezepaw and I are... the way we are."

"It's too early in the morning to be picking fights," Robinpaw cut in diplomatically. She shot Cedarpaw a meaningful look. "Please."

"It's just a meeting," Cedarpaw reminded her cheerfully. "I'll be as quiet as a mouse."

Robinpaw smiled softly, brushing his shoulder on her way outside. Palepaw followed at her heels. Firepaw purred, lapping his ear before joining them.

Just one meeting. I'm tired, but it's nothing I can't sit through.

Shaking out his pelt and giving himself one last lick, Cedarpaw bounded after his friends. Ravenmoon was already standing on the Meeting Perch with Hollypaw of all cats at her side. The black tabby apprentice looked like she'd gotten to sleep about as well as he had, which was to say not very well at all. Swallowfall nosed her shoulder sympathetically.

Most of the assembled cats were curious, eyes wide and whiskers twitching as they watched expectantly. Others were hunched more tentatively, a nervousness about their stiff shoulders and glassy eyes. He locked eyes with Breezepaw across the crowd, but he remembered his promise to Robinpaw and just settled down between Grasshawk and Cardinalfire, as far away as he could get.

"Cats of RiftClan, I have called you here this morning with important news," Ravenmoon began. Her warm yellow eyes fixed on Hollypaw briefly. "Last night, Hollypaw received a vision."

"I did," Hollypaw confirmed, though she seemed uncertain. "I... I think it might have something to do with the sickness Maplemoon was talking about? But I'm not sure..."

"No cat expects you to know everything all at once," Swallowfall assured her kindly. "That's why we have meetings like this, to discuss what exactly our visions are trying to tell us. Do you mind sharing the message with us all?"

"I don't mind," Hollypaw agreed, cheering up considerably. She cleared her throat before continuing. "What was once a safe haven will be uprooted by the raven. When the black feathers come, they will seep into lungs, and leave the Clans undone. Do not fear the abhor, for in the aftermath an encore of legacy shall echo forevermore."