Epilogue

~Harry's POV~

Knock Knock

I sit up sleepily in bed and reach for my glasses. I find the space normally occupied be Draco to be empty. I glance at the clock on the nightstand. 9 AM. Whoever's knocking on the door this early on a Saturday better have a good reason.

"Coming." I shout hoarsely down the hall as I make my way to the door. I swing it open to find two smiling faces staring back at me. Ron and Hermione.

"Oh hey guys, come on in." I say while opening the door wider to let them pass.

"Sorry if we woke you Harry, but we just came by to get you." Hermione chirps.

"What do you-" I start, only to be cut off.

"No no. No questions. Just go get ready." Hermione corals me back towards my room. Ron shoots an apologetic smile and follows behind Hermione. When we get to my door I turn around to face my friends.

"I still don't understand..." I say confused. Hermione smirks and waves the thought aside.

"Just be sure to dress nicely." She states before promptly grabbing the handle and shutting the door in my face. 

~

I sigh and head towards the wardrobe. As I search for something to wear, I wonder what all that was about. I didn't think we had plans today. And why would I have to dress nicely? I drop the question when I finally find something decent. I quickly dress myself and head to the living room to find Ron and Hermione sitting on the couch talking in hushed voices. As soon as Ron sees me, he stops talking and stands up to meet me.

"Alright mate?" he asks.

"Fine, thanks. Could one of you please explain what is going on though?" I look between the both of them. They share a smirk and head towards the door without answering. I shake my head and follow them outside. To my surprise, there are even more of my friends outside.

"Bloody finally." I turn to see Pansy Parkinson standing with Neville, Blaise, Ginny and Luna. "What took you so long Potter?"

"I wasn't aware I had plans for today. Will any of you tell me what's going on?" I ask looking around at my friends. 

"That's for you to figure out, Harry." Ginny says while smiling brightly. She seems to be looking right past me though. It wasn't just her either, Everyone was looking that way. I turn to see what everyone's staring at.

"What are you-" I stop mid sentence when I see Draco walking towards me. He's dressed nicely and looks extremely nervous. I wrap my arms around him in greeting.

"Hi Harry." Draco says softly as I pull back.

"Draco? What's going on? Is there something wrong?" I ask concerned. He gives a small smile.

"Quite the opposite, actually." Draco takes my hands. I watch as he rolls up my sleeves and then his own. Our arms share a scarred look, but nothing fresh has been there for a while. After a moment, he meets my gaze. We share a knowing smile, reminded of our promise from a couple years ago. Everything else starts to fade away as I continue to stare at him.

"Draco I-" 

"Harry," Draco says, cutting me off, "the past couple of years have been the best ones of my life. You've reminded me that I can be who I want to be. That I have a choice. And I... I want that choice to be you. But not just for today. I want you to be my choice for the rest of my life. I love you Harry."

I smile at the sweet statement and notice Draco fumbling with something in his pocket. Before I can process what's happening, he pulls something out and gets down on one knee.

"Harry James Potter," He says looking up at me hopefully, "Will you marry me?"

I stare at him, shocked to say the least. I close my mouth and trade it for a smile. Draco looks terrified. I offer a hand to pull him up. As soon as he's on his feet, I lock our lips together and whisper a quick yes against them. I can feel the relief flood over him as he grabs me and kisses me properly. We break away beaming at each other and he slides the ring onto my finger. Only when Pansy squeals do I remember that my friends are here. I grab Draco's hand and start towards them.

Ron and Neville clap my back in congratulations and Hermione holds back tears as she hugs me.

Blaise and Pansy do the same for Draco. I smile at my now fiance.

I can't believe that just happened.

~

Ginny insists that we all go inside to 'celebrate' as she put it. No one argues and so we make our way into mine and Draco's flat. I sit on the couch with my head on Draco's shoulder while everyone else finds seats.

"Harry! Your head's full of wrackspurts!" Luna exclaims while beaming.

"Er- is that a good thing?" I ask confused. I love Luna, but I still don't understand half the things she says.

"Oh yes, in this case I do believe so." Luna responds. Ginny laughs and Draco rolls his eyes.

"I'm so happy for you two!" Pansy squeals. Everyone in the room nods in agreement.

"Yeah, that proposal was adorable!" Hermione adds.

"Bit cheesy though wouldn't you say?" I tease while turning towards Draco. He turns red and hits my arm making Ron and Blaise laugh.

"Hey! I tried okay. I'm a Malfoy. I'm not good at this kind of stuff." Draco pouts. I give him a peck on the cheek.

"It was perfect." I assure him. He smiles and catches my lips shortly.

"Yuck. Just get married already you two." Ginny jokes while shaking her head.

"That's the plan." Draco responds.

~

Needless to say we went through with the plan.

I grab Draco's hand as we watch the sun start to set. I glance down at the rings and remember the day we sealed our choice. Draco chose me and I chose him. He turns to find me staring and draws me close for a kiss.

"I love you." He whispers as the light starts to fade.

"I love you too." I respond.

And I've never been more sure of anything in my life.

~~~~~~~~~~

I am so very sorry this took so long. My family moved and it took FOREVER to set up the internet at our new house.

Anyways, that's that and this is the end of the story!

I'm sorry if this was a crappy ending, finding the right words to end a story is hard! 

(not that I would know this is my first and only fic so far)

I hope you enjoyed anyways and have a great day!

❤-Fanon_is_better