Chapter 12 - Wilson Brothers' Sister

After English I, along with Claire went to cafeteria. We both got lunch and settled on a table. Claire had insisted me to sit with her, she also told me that her another friend would've been here but she's on leave. We were chatting casually, she was telling me about the school's popular clique, mean girls, jocks, players all in detail.

"Hey! Can I sit here?" We both looked up at Aiden, who was staring down at us expectantly.

"Yes, please." I looked at Claire dreamily gawking at Aiden. After a while her eyes widened as if she just realized her stupidity and cleared her throat awkwardly. "Uh, I mean, sure."

Aiden laughed and took a seat beside Claire, making her cheeks turn into red from the tinge of pink. Looks like someone's got a crush. 

Aiden and I greeted each other, then he turned to Claire. "Hello, Carton."

"Hi," Claire mumbled shyly and looked down. I raised my brow at her behavior, what happened to the confident and sassy girl? Things a crush do to you. 

"Will you guys come to my party tomorrow night?" Aiden asked us. 

"Sure!" Claire exclaimed excitedly.

"I don't think I can come, I'm grounded." I shrugged with a sheepish smile. 

"Why are you sitting here?" A voice growled, behind me. I turned around in my seat to see Tyler hovering over me. Although, he was talking to me his glare was fixed on Aiden. "Come and sit with us." He pointed to a table full of Wilson boys, who were all glaring this way.

"Wait a minute," Claire pointed a finger at Tyler and stood up. "Who do you even think you are? The king of this school? You can't walk around telling people what to do or where to sit!" She exclaimed fiercely. This was the Claire I had come to know in the last few hours.

"Hmm," Tyler tapped his chin as if thinking deep about something. "I think, that I can tell my sister where to sit. Right?" He finished in a patronizing manner and looked at Claire, daring her to say anything back.

My eyes widened for a second, before warmth filled my heart to the point where I thought it would melt. That single word, sister, meant so much to me in so many ways that I couldn't even count. These boys in a matter of days, have given me a sense of family, a sense of care, that I haven't felt since I could remember. And slowly but surely, I'm warming up to them too. 

"You guys didn't have any sister till yesterday," Claire frowned at Tyler.

"Well, we have a sister, now." 

Tyler's lips stretched into a grin when he noticed shock and confusion covered Claire's as well  Aiden's face. "Come on, Sophia," Tyler said and jerked his head toward the table at which the other three Wilson were seated. Max and Parker were engaged in a conversation now, but Tony's eyes were fixed at this table.

Tony is a more closed off person, he hasn't even once spoken directly to me. Neither, have I seen him talking to someone other than his group of friends, at school. He rather observe the events taking place than participate in them.

I nodded at Tyler and got up with my lunch, saying a quick bye to Aiden and Claire who were still in a shocked state. I didn't want to stay here any longer and explain the whole situation to them especially since that conversation would lead me back to my past life.

We walked to the rest of the boys, Max and Parker slid over in opposite direction, making seat for me in between them. Tyler sat beside Tony, across the three of us.

"What happened? Do you guys need something?" I asked.

"Not really, we all just sit together and eat as a family, even at school." Parker explained. Family, sister, siblings, these small words carry a huge meaning with them. Something, I didn't know till five days ago. Another thing I realized just now with picture of Stephen and Ryan in my head is that you don't have to say these words out loud to imply its meaning, you can feel it in the heart.