eight

a/n: tw! mentions of self-harm, substance abuse and depression ! read at your own risk. this chapter is going to be a little long since it's the last. also there'll be another author's note at the end. psst, play the song above as you read, i promise it makes everything better ;)

-

heavy sullen clouds were wandering across the ash grey canvas hanging above the sorrows of drunken men and heartbroken individuals. the angels in heaven were threatening to cry and scream in agony on that morose day but daisuke was the same as usual, motionless with a piercing gaze as he sauntered down the busy streets of new york city.

"are you sure it's this place?" daisuke muttered to his ai butler, heusc. "yes, master daisuke. it is undoubtedly this location."

heaving a heartsick sigh from those chapped lips of his, daisuke pushed open the wooden doors of the bar that he was about to enter and fortunately for him, it began to pour right after he set foot into the space that was dripping with exquisite exhilaration and honey hennessy. 

perhaps it was the fact that he had illegitimately committed social suicide, but being in one of these bars, amongst the crowds of men who have zero intimacy with each other, brought him back to those days where conversing to his spouse wasn't the only thing he'd done. 

his stomach lurched and the scones that he had that evening before arriving at downtown new york at this foreign bar was churning in the pits of his digestive system, with a hard lump caught in his throat; he felt nauseous. 

"heusc, locate him. now." daisuke ordered, despite being in an intoxicated state of mind with his ocean hues wavering and vision gradually blurring. 

to the raven-head's dismal, the ai had failed to decipher its master's orders in the midst of such chaos and spiraling frenzy. with weak wobbly legs that were about to give out, daisuke staggered towards the bar counter, one hand gripping the hair on his temple that was ringing in odd euphoria. 

surely, the bartender working the counter must've thought that daisuke was just another drunk customer since the latter passed out immediately after instant contact with the cold marble island. 

even after losing his consciousness, daisuke could so vividly hear the loud music banging loudly in his head which drove him insane. several minutes passed, with a couple of men trying to shoot their shot on the snoozing male but with all of them brutally responded with ignorance and silence. 

"sir? you shouldn't sleep here. should i call you a cab?" 

despite being in a hazed slumber, bits of daisuke's conscious knew that the music blaring in the background, the sweet-talks of men trying to hook him up for a fling, the indistinct chatter of the people present at the bar; they were nothing but lucid side effects of his brain. 

and he thought the same for the voice that had penetrated his little childlike nap and into the boundaries of his attention. but the same voice that he thought he'd hallucinated kept repeating itself, like a scratched record. 

"sir, we're closing up. let's get you home." the owner of the voice shook daisuke's arm softly as an attempt to wake the sleeping male that so much depicted a napping kitten basking under the warm afternoon sun. 

daisuke, finally showing signs of regaining his consciousness, stirred and groaned like that of a little kid after being woken up from his sleep. the first thing his irises focused on after numerous blinks were a pair of gleaming golden orbs staring right back at him. 

it was him. daisuke could've recognized the same natural disheveled taupe hair and the man's slightly hunched frame from as far as his field of vision could extend. the person he'd been searching for for over 2 years was finally, finally in front of him as if his presence itself was a miracle.