+eight

"hey, kanbe." with his eyes shut and his face snuggled into the comfort of his boyfriend's bare chest, haru called out to the man whom he had sworn to adore for the rest of his life in a low, sleepy voice.

"hm?" daisuke, while running his fingers through haru's sweaty yet somehow still incredibly soft taupe tresses, responded. "what is it?"

"you know, i had a nightmare a couple days ago and it was the scariest one i've ever had. it felt so surreal yet so tangible at the same time, it was terrifying."

daisuke felt haru's body flinch a little under his own touch after the latter had finished his sentence.

drawing circles around his back and planting kisses in his hair to present comfort, daisuke gave haru's hand a small squeeze as he patiently waited for his lover to prolong with his story.

"you can tell me, love. i'll be here."

haru paused for a moment; hesitation interrupting the realms of his thoughts. a part of him was reluctant to recall the terror of that nightmare but another part of him desperately craved reassurance, especially one he so needed from daisuke and only daisuke could provide.

"in the nightmare, we fought and broke up. i vaguely remember me being the person who initiated the break up." haru stopped once again but this time, the undulating of his body increased rapidly as tears pitiful tears broke out from his sore eyes.

"i'm sorry, i was horrible back then. i couldn't believe it when i said that to you. please forgive me."

haru satou's cries of melancholy that stemmed from a series of events which he managed to remember from the slippery edge of the slope that his consciousness had was heartbreaking.

his larynx strained yet his wails of sorrow only became louder. as if he was a little kid, he gasped for breath between his cries, clinging onto daisuke with his nails digging into his lover's bare skin in fear that the latter might disappear.

why? it was just a nightmare, a passing sensation everyone would occasionally get while they're asleep but hearing haru's story and feeling the dampness of haru's tears against himself brought on a wave of déjà vu upon daisuke.

a shiver ran down daisuke's spine; nonetheless his grip around haru's naked body tightened when he threw his arms around him to embrace him, to shield him from the self-loathe and self-blame.

"don't apologize, my love. it is nothing but a nightmare." daisuke reassured in a soft, tender tone. "i will remain with you even if you push me away. i love you, and i hate to see you in so much pain."

daisuke grabbed haru's chin and without warning whatsoever, pressed his lips against haru's dry ones.

a shade of peach rouge exploded across haru's cheeks as he slowly melts away into the kiss. with their tongues dancing passionately and their breaths entangled like a sealed promise, haru's head was in cloud nine and his wallowing blues were replaced with a euphoric symphony lapping in his head.

light a cigarette after sex, then maybe regret will overtake your adrenaline because then you'll realize you fucked the wrong person.

or;

take drugs before you get dominated so you won't feel the pain of getting your first stolen away by a thoughtless one night stand. at the end of the day, pleasure if what you feel after ejaculating.

daisuke kanbe and haru katou; the biggest difference between them was that one stays unwavering on the receiving end while the other gives more than he's asked.

at the end of the day, none of those matter because they were both just playing into the hands of pleasure.

as if he was steps away from entering the void of his own unconsciousness with his bodily fatigue striking down on his physique after sex, haru's voice had only gradually gotten lower and quieter as he spoke.

"kanbe," he called out. "should we just get married in a space station? i don't care if there's no rings or vows, i'll let you take the lead."

daisuke chuckled before kissing haru on the forehead. he dimmed the lights and enveloped haru in his arms as they snuggled into each other's warmth.

"of course. i'll do whatever it takes, my love."

e n d

( not proofread )

a/n: hello ! omg this is so unexpected because i never intended to write an alternate ending but a comment inspired me to. i guess this was also an excuse for my lazy ass to start writing again :")

hope you enjoyed this AE ! there were some dark foreshadows here and there so let me know if you noticed them hehe

stay safe, and i love you guys ! <3