Chapter 5

Being an actor is amazing

That's what Hachi though watching a boy with silver hair -almost white- playing around the stage. School has finished and no one is there, only him. He wasn't wearing a costume, there wasn't scenography, not even an audience. But he keep moving passionate, his feet following an imaginary dance, his hands gesturing and his eyes....

His eyes were so expressive.

You could tell what was him feeling just by looking them.

That day, something into Hachi started to grown. Everyday he would stay after school to see the boy, trying to follow in his footsteps and gestures, feeling the excitement go through his veins.

If Jack noticed someone watching at him during his rehearsals, he will never say it.

*****************************************************

If he has to use a word to describe himself right now, it would be nervous.

There were so many people waiting like him his turn to casting, a wonderful opportunity to be part of a brand new show and success as an actor.

What was he doing there?

He wasn't good enough, they are going to choose someone better like that boy with green shirt, he looks confident, or the one with brunette hair, he was very handsome.

Maybe he should leave...

"Hey!" Uh? " Where are you going? It hasn't been your turn yet" He looks familiar.

"N-no. I was actually leaving"

"Why? Are you feeling sick? I can take you to the infirmary"  The boy took his hand leading through the hallway.

"Wait! I'm Ok, I just don't want to casting anymore".

"...someone obligated you to participate?"

"No-no-no. I came on my own, but I don't think i'll get the role..." His eyes burned, geez, he wasn't a child anymore to be crying for some silly stuff. That boy he hasn't talk to his discomfort, maybe he was trying to not laugh of him.

"Why would you think so? There's not a reason for them to not accept you".

"There is! I'm not good enough like the others boys, I don't have contacts or worked before! I'm not even handsome!" If he was crying like a kid, now he was crying like a baby" Look at me! crying like a baby 'cause I can't have what I want!"

"Crying doesn't make you a baby. Sometimes we need to cry" He wiped his tears away" I'm sure you're here because you did everything to achieve your dreams, practiced everyday putting your effort and sweat on, not like those guys that with a call or his face can have whatever they want"

"H-How can you be so sure?"

"'Cause I see in you something they don't have.....this" He put his hand over his heart with a smile along his warm eyes."An actor doesn't just interpret a character, they are the character, 'cause when there's something we love,we give our heart to it".

"So...are you going to give up?"

Give up?

No!!

He was right. He won't give up easily after all those months of practice! He promised himself years ago to be the best actor!

Just like that blue eyed boy.

"I can do it! I'll show them who is the best!"

"That's what I was talking about! Now, go and leave them with their mouths open"

"I will!" He walked back with the others, there wasn't doubt in his face, he can do it. The left behind boy smiled happy to help him, he was sure he will thrill everyone.

*Bip-bip*

Well, time to go practice again.

"Wait!" Hachi appeared again breathing heavily" I forgot to ask your name!"

"My name...?

I'm Jack Jones, hope we might work together in the future"