Preparing for Derdriu:

Start from the beginning

The people who linger the halls of the monastery stare as the Prince follows closely behind Sylvain.

"Show them the beast that you are" Glenn hissed in Dimitri's ear.

Dimitri clenched his fists, no.

He couldn't give into Glenn, not until he knows.

"Heh, as expected Ingrid's already here" Sylvain said as they entered the dining hall, Ingrid looked at Sylvain with big eyes once she'd seen Dimitri following him. They grabbed their food and sat down with her at the table.

"I- It's good to see you out with us your Highness" Ingrid said in a hesitant voice, Dimitri understood her apprehension towards his presence but before Dimitri could try to leave Sylvain spoke up.

"Any new on Felix?" Sylvain asked.

Felix? what happened to Felix?

Ingrid sighed and shook her head, "He is still unconscious" she said "The healers expect him to recover, but we just need to wait until he wakes up, and there is also..." she said but trails off.

"Rodrigue's death" Dimitri whispers, Ingrid nods "I will be the one to tell him, it's my fault" he began but was cut off.

"Uh- no offense your highness but that's a horrible idea" Sylvain begins "Especially if you phrase it like that, injured or not Felix will end you on the spot" he adds.

Ingrid lets out a snort, "Sylvain is right your Highness" she said as she regains her composure.

Dimitri nods, "Thank you" he said softly, the guilt he feels is overwhelming. He treated them so horribly and for them to still treat him this way... "I'm sorry" Dimitri blurts out, Ingrid and Sylvain look at him in shock, "For everything, I'm truly sorry I know I do not deserve your forgiveness all I hope is that one day I can prove to be worthy of it" he said.

Ingrid and Sylvain are silent for a moment, "Does that mean that you aren't fighting to avenge the dead anymore then?" Sylvain asks.

"I- I do not know" Dimitri confessed, "Rodrigue, he told me to live for what I believe in" he said "And Byleth told me the same thing, but... If not for them then for what?" he whispered.

"Um- forgive me your Highness if this comes off as rude but..." Ingrid began to say "You cannot come to us for an answer for this, it's something each person must decide, their own path whether it's to follow the standards of what's expected of them or voyage from that and make your own" she said, "We cannot tell you what to live for" she concluded.

Sylvain rubbed the back of his neck, "Yeah, what she said" he said with a laugh.

"Thank you, both of you" Dimitri said softly.

"You know I'm a little surprised Byleth spoke with you" Ingrid said, "I saw here earlier today and tried to speak with her, but I was unable to" she added.

Sylvain tilted his head, "What do you mean unable to?" he asked.

Ingrid shifted uncomfortably for a moment, "Well when I tried to talk to Byleth she told me that she wasn't able to talk with me at the moment that she had more pressing issues at the moment" Ingrid said.

"Huh, that's a little odd" Sylvain said, "I think we should go and see what's up" he added.

Ingrid looked hesitant, "I don't know Sylvain, it might not be a good time"

Sylvain shrugged then stood up, "Eh, I'm sure it'll be fine" he said "Now come on the both of you" he said sternly while looking directly at Dimitri.

Ingrid and Dimitri followed silently behind Sylvain as they made their way through the monastery looking for Byleth, after asking around Sylvain found out that she was in the Cardinals room.