✈︎ 𝐻𝐸𝐴𝐿𝐼𝑁𝐺 ✈︎

You wandered towards the bench, sobs racking your body as you sat down. Todoroki was not here yet, which was good for you, because you definitely did not want him to see you cry. Tears streamed down your face as you turned on your phone camera, flipping it so you could see yourself. Your face was stained with tears, your nose red and eyes and lips puffy. Your hair was, in short, a disheveled mess.

But what stood out the most was a large red welt on your cheek, already starting to bruise.

You teared up even more at the sight of the mark, quickly shutting off your phone and burying your head into your lap. You cried quietly, your entire body trembling and shaking with each ragged breath you took. The sound of crunching footsteps filled your ears.

"L/N?"

You lifted your head from your lap and stared up at Todoroki, who was staring at you confusedly. Your face flushed and you turned away from him, attempting to pull your hood over your head.

"H-hi, Todoroki."

  Todoroki tilted his head as he sat down, knitting his brows. "Why aren't you facing me? Is there something wrong?"

  "N-no! I'm, uh, I'm fine...!"

  Todoroki hummed in acknowledgement, staring out across the river. You let out a shaky exhale, attempting to wipe away the tears from your eyes. "S-so how was your day today?"

  "It was fine. My class took a trip to my father's agency today, which I didn't exactly like, but otherwise I would say I had a good day."

Todoroki's eyes gleamed as he eyed you.

"What about you?"

You took in a sharp breath, struggling to hold in tears.

"I-it was good."

The stinging pain in your cheek said otherwise.

Todoroki stared at you, eyebrows furrowing. "Are you crying? You sound very choked up."

You swallowed hard, turning your head slightly to glanced over at him. "N-no, uh, I just have a stuffy nose."

A large, unexpected gust of wind blew into your faces, and you felt your hood being forcefully pushed off of your head. You gasped and attempted to pull it back on, but you were stopped by a large, warm hand. Todoroki squinted as the wind blew his hair into his face, leaning forward to get a better look at your face. His eyes widened and he gasped quietly, his hand falling back to his side. The wind died down and you turned red, tears collecting in your eyes.

"Y/N, your cheek..." Todoroki murmured, eyes flashing with guilt. He felt like he had seen something he shouldn't have, and he felt awful about it. Tears fell out of your eyes, and your bottom lip trembled.

"I-it happens sometimes. It's fine."

"No, it's not fine." Todoroki said sternly, staring at you intensely as he reached his hand out to touch your face. "Hold still."

You let out a sigh, suddenly feeling coolness on your cheek. Tears streamed down your face, crystallizing from Todoroki's quirk. Todoroki focused intently on your cheek, his heterochromatic eyes narrowing. You pursed your lips as you felt more tears fall from your eyes.

"Thank you, Todoroki."

Todoroki's eyes flickered up to you and his gaze softened. "Of course, L/N."

You relaxed a bit, the coldness radiating from his hand making you drowsy. You closed your eyes and leaned your face into his touch, your lips parting. Todoroki's cheeks heated up and he gulped, feeling his heart flutter. There was something about your vulnerability that made him softer, more gentle.

And more vulnerable, himself.

Your eyes fluttered open, your wet eyelashes still beading with tears. You gazed into Todoroki's eyes, your heart throbbing in your chest. He stared back at you, entranced by your large, doe-like E/C eyes like a deer caught in headlights. You blushed from the eye contact and averted your eyes from him, gaze shyly dropping down to the ground. Todoroki let out a soft chuckle, eyes twinkling softly.

'Cute.'