~24~

This is gonna be the last chapter in this book, I hope you enjoyed, and if you didn't, I'm glad you at least tried it to see if you would like it. Also, I wanna know, who was your favorite mate? Micah, Dallas, Hayden, or Jonah? (Mine is probably Dallas).

"Are you sure about this Dana- I mean, you're destined to be queen and yo-" Natalie rambles on, turning onto I-25.

"Yes Natalie, I'm sure. I need to figure out my feelings." I mumble tiredly, staring out the window of her mom van.

"Are you sure your mom's okay with me staying?" She questions, drumming her fingers on the dashboard, squinting through the darkness.

"Sure." I lie. We stop 40 minutes in to fill up on gas and get snacks. I offer to drive but she just tells me to sleep.

"I'm fine, dude I don't know what they put in this coffee but I feel like I'm on crack." To emphasize my point I show her my jittery hands. She just laughs it off and focuses on driving. When the clock hits 2 a.m. Natalie goes back to asking questions.

"So what did happen in the ballroom?" So I told her in full detail, apart from the pain in my coochie.

"Why did you do that?" She exclaims, swerving off the road a little bit.

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you stand up for us? Do you know how stupid that is? Now she's never going to give you the throne! Knowing that witch she'd give it to Stephanie." She mumbles the last part to herself but I turn to look over at her.

"I really wish a bitch would. I'd pa pa- stu-pid-bitch." I say, pretending to beat the shit out of the air. Natalie giggles but soon becomes serious once more. We go back to silence until 5 a.m. when I see Natalie begin to get drowsy.

"Okay Sleepy, time to switch." In response she pulls off to the side of the road and gets out. I do the same, getting into the drivers seat. Within minutes she's passed out, and I turn on the radio. I hum the song to myself before feeling a sharp pain in my head.

WHERE ARE YOU?!? Micah roars through the bond. I hiss at the headache and open the link.

None of your fucking business. Go bother Stephanie. He growls through the bond, but my wolf doesn't back down.

Come home now! I snort.

That isn't my home. Oh by the way, thank you for defending my honor last night, makes me feel like I'm your 'baby'. I growl back at him. He roars again and I temporarily sever the bond again.

A while later, I look at the sign as we pass into my hometown- Worden, Montana.