~16~

I feel like I'm really bad at knowing when to end the chapter, cause like I don't wanna cockblock y'all but I don't wanna cram everything into one chapter, y'know?

-----

"Why do you think you're so important? The little princess takes a liking to you and suddenly you're all high and mighty." Someone yells. I hear the sound of flesh on flesh and a whimper.

"Why don't you stand up for yourself Natalie, are you expecting the princess to come and save you?" I hear more and before I can think I throw back my arm with the book and hurl it at the farthest wall. It hits, bursting the seams and all the pages come out.

"Get. The. Fuck. Away. From her!" I yell. The crowd rushes away, giving me room as I rush over. I see Natalie on the ground and a girl in front of her. I notice the girl from my English class, the one who was friends with Stephanie.

"Aww, look Natalie, your princess is here." She goads. We look at each other face to face, me panting heavily. She looks at me and laughs.

"What're you laughing at runt?" I hiss. She shuts her mouth and glares at me. I look over and see Natalie struggling to get up, and that's when she strikes. She punches my stomach, and I double over. Before I can react she kicks me in the same place and jumps on me, knocking us both down. My wolf takes over my conscious, and I flip her over with ease, beating the shit out of her and tearing at her face.

She screams and tries to cover her face, but I keep hitting her. I get another couple of good hits in before I get pulled off.

"Kasey get your mate!" I hear Hayden shout, and I see her getting lifted up, still trying to get at me with her bloody face.

"Let me go! I'll beat your ass bitch!" I thrash against Micah, still upset. I continue fighting Micah as we get inside the locker room, where he puts me down. I try and rush out the door we came through, only to run into Dallas.

"Let me out." I growl.

"No." I glare at him and run to the other exit, running into Hayden this time.

"I'm serious." I warn.

"So are we. No." He growls. I go to shove him when someone grabs my arms from behind. I struggle against the before I feel my legs get gently knocked out from under me and someone grabbing hold of the back of my neck tightly.

Jonah tries to whisper calming words in my ear as I continue to struggle from my position. Hayden grabs my hands to stop me from pushing up.

"Our little wiggly worm." Hayden comments smiling down at me.

"Fuck you." I hiss. We sit in silence for a few minutes as I struggle to take deep breaths and calm myself. Jonah massages my neck and shoulders and I can feel myself get a bit less tense.

"Okay worm, let's get going- the traffic out of here is going to be horrible." I hear Dallas say before I'm thrown across a shoulder, I whimper as it hits my stomach and I'm immediately pulled closer to his chest. We walk out of the locker room and out of a door. I feel the cold Colorado air hit me and snuggle closer to Dallas.

"How'd you get to school today sweetheart?" Dallas asks, stroking my back as I practically melt into him.

"Drove." I mumble, the adrenaline leaving my body fast. I lay my cheek down on Dallas' shoulder as I hear one of the guys rummaging through my bag. Even with my uncomfortable position, I still felt myself fighting to stay awake. This time I lost.

I open my eyes when I feel the car start and press myself deeper into Dallas. I close my eyes again and feel the comfortable darkness surround me.

I wake up alone, before I even open my eyes I can feel the lack of body heat. From my spot under the blanket I can hear the tv and the steady chop from the kitchen. I bite my lip and get up, looking at the clock. 6:17. I can see the light try and peek through the curtains still. I roll off the bed and hop down, wincing at the cold floor. I rush over to the rug and feel the fur under my feet. I realize I'm still in my gym clothes and reek of vinegar. I walk over to the bathroom and turn on the water. I hum a tune as I hop in, inviting the harsh warmth.