We've Got Company

Chapter 15

I was sitting on the couch with Sassy waiting for the boys to come back. It has been two hours.

I have to admit that I was a little worried but they were probably just messing around in the woods, so I didn't stress about it that bad.

Finally when they showed up they were out of breath and panting like they were running away from something or someone.

I ran to them, Sassy barking and running to them as well.

"What happened?" I asked.

"We have company." Jayson said.

"What do you mean 'company'?" I asked getting nervous. 'Were they talking about Damon, was he back?'

"No it's not Damon," Eli answered reading my thoughts, "A pack of werewolves moved in 'next door'." he said using air quotes.

I froze, "Wait, what?" I asked taking a few steps back.

"Werewolves are real too?" 

"Well, yes." Eli answered 

"How come you never told me?"

"Well I didn't want to overwhelm you when I told you we were vampires. There was no other reason to tell you about those filthy dogs except now." 

"I take it you aren't on very good terms with them." 

"Well... no-" 

"Great what did you do?" 

"Alex almost killed one of them so now the Alpha is pissed." Eli said.

"Well shit, you'd be pissed if one of them tried to kill me or Alex or Jayson." I said.

"He looked like a normal wolf." Alex said defensively.

"Because we see wolves around the forest all the time." Jayson said sarcastically.

"Sorry."

"Boys!" I yelled and they shut up, "What are y'all going to do. You have to fix this, if they are going to be our 'neighbors,' I don't want more trouble on top of Damon." 

Eli nodded, "She's right, we need to do something for them, but I don't know what. They will more than likely try to kill us if we try to go there."

They all looked at me, "What?" it took me a minute to get what they were trying to do, "No, no, no. I'm not the one that got us into this mess."

"You're the one that wants to apologize." Jayson said.

I slapped his arm, "Well it's the right thing to do when you almost kill one of them." I said looking at Alex.

"How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?"

"Won't they not like me because I am with you guys?" I asked ignoring Alex's question.

"They might not like you, you're right, but they will tolerate you because you are human. If you are scared, don't be, because we will be there with you. Watching you, we will only interfere if they try to hurt you." Eli reassured.

I sighed in relief, "Okay, fine I will be the messenger." 

"Good we will worry about all of this tomorrow though. For now we need to plan out an apology and a plan if things do go bad," Eli saw my uneasy expression and added, "Not that anything bad will happen." 

****************

We were sitting around the coffee table planning out what I was going to do. It was perfect, I was ready. All I needed was a good nights rest.