Suspicions

(A/N) sorry, there's a lot of dialogue in this and not too much action, but I really wanted to get into Steve and Natasha's emotions towards Tony's disappearance.
Also, bit of torture in the first bit, nothing too graphic, but if that triggers you, please skip ahead to where it says. *Siberia*
Finally, sorry if this is disappointing, I'm still not used to writing for actual people, and the ending might be a bit rushed, I didn't want to keep you guys waiting. Please tell me what to improve on and idk, comment if you like what I'm doing and I'll try to do more. Sorry for the long A/N.
————————————————————

Bloodcurdling screams echoed through the hidden base. No matter how loud the screams got, Dr Smith always managed to convince himself that it was necessary. That was what he told himself as he frantically scribbled notes of his observations of the Asset.

He kept his eyes glued to the clipboard as his boss stood over the writhing form of Tony Stark. Not that he remembered who he was anymore.

Tony had long since stopped screaming, but his body twitched and jerked as the electricity ran through him.

"Sir?" Dr Smiths voice trembled slightly with fear.

"What is it doctor?" The irritation in his boss's voice sent shivers down the Doctors spine.

"I think he's had enough." He was relieved to hear that his voice sounded much firmer now, even as he refused to look directly at Tony. He gulped audibly as Reyad took a threatening step towards him. "What did you say?"

"Uh. It's just.. he uh..."

"Spit it out!" He growls, annoyed that his torture had been interrupted, it was his favourite time of day.

Dr Smith hastily shuffled through some paperwork to avoid the burning glare of his boss, "I just thought that now might be a good time to stop, before he passes out."

He made the mistake of glancing down at the person on the floor. Tony was wearing a specially designed combat suit, fitted with the latest tech to help the new super soldier. Dark bruises and cuts decorated his skin. Easily healed with a simple serum of course, but that was forbidden except for before and after missions. The boss liked seeing him in pain.

Reyad seemed thoughtful for a moment before sighing. Silently he pulled a small controller out of his pocket and typed a code in. Instantly, the painful shocks of electricity stopped racing through Tony's body like fire and although his muscles still twitched slightly, he felt himself relax. Big mistake. Reyad bent down and grabbed the Asset by his collar and lifted him clean off the floor, a disadvantage of being short.

When they were face to face, he grinned maliciously, "It's time for the Tank."

Deep inside, Tony felt dread settle in the pit of his stomach. He knew not to fight back though, that just caused more punishments.

"Do you know why you're being punished?" Reyad snarled at him spit flying into his face, but Asset didn't flinch. That was a sign of disrespect, because he should trust Handler. Handler wouldn't hurt him without purpose. So silently, he nodded, he knew that he could only speak when told to, or he'd be punished.

"Speak."

"I disobeyed Handler. I should obey. This is my punishment." He recited emotionlessly, that was his constant state now, emotionless.

Handler's grin dropped, "Exactly. So next time I ask you to shoot somebody I don't want to see a single second of hesitation. Understand?"

When Asset made no reply, Handler shook him like a rag doll and slammed him hard against the wall. "You WILL speak when you are spoken to! Do. You. Understand?" He growled,