Chapter 3

I said that I'll never be go back into the forest, but I just couldn't help my curiosity. So here I am walking through the forest going back to where I saw the doohickey of a spaceship and got blasted back by the barrier, which intern left a bruise on my back.

I peek my head into the space between the two trees from before and make sure the barrier isn't there, which it wasn't. Weird. Still, I don't want to take any chances, so I stayed there and looked beyond the trees. My eyes landed on the clearing, and that's what it was- a clearing. Nothing more than dirt and grass. It was empty as though nothing had ever been.

Slowly I step out, with caution I start walking.

I stretch out my hand making sure that the barrier was not there.

It wasn't.

Continuing on ahead towards the center of the clearing. My eyes wounder around taking in every detail of every little thing; trying to convince myself that I wasn't dreaming nor was I absent-minded.

The whole place looks of it it has not been touched nor any squished grass indicating that anything stood there. It all seems so peaceful.

Turning around to go, I caught sight of a bird. There perched on a high branch in a tree was a maroon-colored bird, it's stomach a light color pink and turquoise dots on the swings. I have never seen a bird like that. It's absolutely gorgeous.

It tilted its head while staring at me, I tilted mine to.

It brought its head forward, I brought mine forward to.

It took a step forward on the branch, I took one to.

It brought its wings up and flew down landing Infront of me. I knelt down and stuck my hand out towards it. For a second it looked at it then flew on it.

Slowly I reached my other hand out towards it, careful not to scare it off. It feathers were extremely soft, Similar to silk. Strange, I thought, birds' feathers aren't supposed to feel like silk. It's supposed to have a soft yet rough texture.

Its big black eyes stared into my hazel-colored ones. It stayed watching me, eyes non blinking. I'm having a staring contest with a bird.

Everything around me started to spin yet I stayed there hypnotized by the bird.

Suddenly the trance I was in was broken when the bird flew off my hand and into the air. Something seemed to have scared it.

I stand up and dust off my knees, while doing so I catch sight of the ground. It was no longer hidden by green, but the ground now bare. It was all dirt and rocks. Looking around there was no green as far as the eye can see. Dead trees, animals, humans, and other weird looking creatures.

A strong gust of wind knocked me off my feet, dirt getting into my eyes. The wind refused to seize causing me to stay down. I tried rubbing the dust out of my eyes, it barely did anything. I squinted and looked up to see something unimaginable.

There up in the sky was a ring of fire. But not just fire, in the center of the ring water filled it. And in the middle of the water was a gigantic rock, pieces of it falling off landing down as boulders. The wind around the fire was able to be seen because of how fast it was spinning around it. While the fire spun sparks of it were let out causing fires all over.

You might have thought the water would put it out but when it drops and touches the fire nothing would happen! But the water that dropped wasn't just a bit, it was enough to fill a small river.

It wasn't just one in the sky, there were thousands upon thousands of them.

A giant rock came falling down towards me just seconds before it hit, I rolled away from it and into an alit fire that was near.

Fire burns you. It's supposed to kill you. It's extremely dangers. But it did no harm to me. Instead of feeling pain I felt calm, peaceful even.

I opened my eyes and sat up in the middle of the fire. I take a look around at all the chaos and wounder how all this could have happened. I was in the tranquil forest then all at once it became disarray.

In the mist of my thoughts, I remembered something. MY PARENTS!

Franticly, I stood up and started looking around for them. I made my way out of the fire trying to avoid the chaos as much as I could. "Mom! Dad!" I shouted. I shouted and shouted, but it was no use. My voice became hoarse from all the shouting I did. All the noise that was going on around me made it impossible for my voice to be carried out.

Tears welled up in my eyes threating to fall. A wave of water washes Infront of my carrying bodies. Twenty died bodies are there before me. I start looking through them trying to find one that still breathing or at least find my parents.

I found neither.

The tears that were in my eyes started to escape. One by one they flowed nonstop. I fell to my knees and broke down. My body shook as my sobs broke through.

It was a shadow, but it was a solid, eleven feet big.

I was too busy crying to notice the hand. I was too busy to notice it as it saw me. I was too busy to notice it when it took an interest in my ungracious state. I was too busy to notice it coming my way. I was too busy to notice it right behind me.

It was only when it wrapped itself around my neck from behind, did I notice it.

A whorl opened a few yards away, and that's where it began dragging me. I kicked and screamed but I just couldn't get away. The last thing I saw was pure darkness before everything faded away.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Word count: 1041
Rewritten .

Vote
Comment
Share
Enjoy